800 Coil Tabs

Smithobx

I just had the same thing happen to the right side tab on my 11 in. Coil! Got my detector in Feb. This year, and have taken good care of it! I am beginning to think, after reading of several instances of this, that it may be the formulation of ther plastic they are using! And, or. The tabs are not beefy enough! Im in the process of shipping it back! And they also told me that the 11 in. Coils were backordered!

If you check the dates of the OP, you can see how long I’ve been waiting. Got an email today from the service center that the coils are still on backorder and are expected in one or two weeks. If the coil tabs have been upgraded then I’m good with the wait. I probably would not have spent so much time with the 6 in. coil had this not happened so time well spent. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!

I sent it off today, so we will see how long it takes, and if the new coil is improved! By the way, how do you like the 6 in. Coil? I've  been thinking of getting one, but decided to wait and see if an 8 or 9 in coil appears from Minelab or aftermarket!

12 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Thanks for the info!

I sent it off today, so we will see how long it takes, and if the new coil is improved! By the way, how do you like the 6 in. Coil? I've  been thinking of getting one, but decided to wait and see if an 8 or 9 in coil appears from Minelab or aftermarket!

Unless the Vanquish coils turn out to be compatble with Equinox (which would be great, but unlikely), don't hold your breath on an Equinox compatible alternatuve to the 6" round.  After nearly two years, ML has not even hinted at launching additional coils for Equinox and there doesn't appear to be any active effort to do so from third parties either.  On the other hand, I have all 3 coils and except for unique situations, I find the 11" stock just makes sense for 95% of my detecting situations from beach, to park, to relic hunting.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info! I'll be using my AT Pro until i get my coil replaced by ML! It works finr as my backup!

• Like 1

Still waiting for my coil replacement. It’s been over 3 weeks since I sent the coil to the service center. I don’t mind the 6 inch coil but it does make for slow going when trying to cover a large area. Oh well, I did get my new QED PL2 from Australia yesterday all modified and tuned for our power grid. That should keep me occupied for a week or so. 

10 minutes ago, Smithobx said:

To be fair, I just received notice my coil has shipped from the service center.

Glad to hear that.  Minelab USA has been good (from what I've read) at addressing customer problems.  Just sounds like you got caught in a storm of a parts inventory shortfall.

12 minutes ago, Smithobx said:

I just hope minelab has addressed the problem.

I think I'd settle for the former, but we can always hope.

That's great!! They must have gotten the backordered coils! That means the turnaround time on mine should be quick!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my coil back today from Minelab! In fact, i was writing on phrunt's ( the coin king ) 20 page thread, when it arrived! Weird!!  Anyway, the coil is brand new, and included a new coil cover, with rubber gaskets and shaft bolt! I sent the coil back stripped, so kudos to Minelab for including these at no charge!  I don't know if the coil tabs are any different on this one, and the mold seams are still on the tabs! But we will see how it holds up! I'm still under warranty for a few more years so no worries!

20191021_193200.jpg

20191021_131943.jpg

• Like 2