Love My V3i But Thinking About The Anfibio Multi Thoughts?

I have been a primary whites user since 1972  I have owned the V3i since its release and love it.  I have been looking at the equinox 800  and the anfibio multi. I was wondering if anyone had compared these two detectors the V3i.  Other multi frequency thoughts?  I have the Minelab Excalibur II 800 for salt water and diving.

My only wish for the Anfibio multi would be to allow all three or select 2 (not available on the V3i)  

The Graphics and information from the V3i are still unmatched 

Hey Retired  

I hate to tell you son but you still got baby fat . I too been swinging a White’s for a long time and that was six years before you,

It’s a great bunch of guys on here that can help you on just about any detector.

The Best To You!

Chuck 

The Anfibio is a solid waterproof detector, but it is not simultaneous multifrequency like the V3i. It can only run one frequency at a time from a choice of 3 (5, 14, and 20 khz).  If you are looking for the latest in Multifrequency tech for maximum stability in wet salt sand/surf and decent performance with fast recovery speeds across a wide spectrum of site conditions and target types, the ML Equinox 800 is a better bet and more versatile with various multifrequency modes (Park, Field, Beach, or Gold) and single frequency operation at any one of 5 frequencies (5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 khz) in a light weight waterproof package.  HTH

• Like 1

You really have to check out the Equinox 800 from Mine Lab.

I am new to this but can tell you that it is the best purchase I could have ever made.

Friends have whites and they have ordered the 800 after they have seen how mine has blown them away.

Great unit and the people on the forum are great for help.

Don't count out the Multi Kruzer. Traditional handle, elliptical coil that may do better in bad soil/trashy areas and phenomenal recovery speed. I think the speedometer style display is nice too. Worth a test run if you have a dealer near by where you can try them out.

• Like 1

I did forget to mention, if you plan on hitting the salt then the Nox is the best choice for vlf's.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 11:10 AM, Retired_Hunt_Full_time said:

I have been a primary whites user since 1972  I have owned the V3i since its release and love it.  

I have the Minelab Excalibur II 800 for salt water and diving.

The Graphics and information from the V3i are still unmatched

(I cut out your questions, to combine your declarations for effect, and added emphasis.)

You're covered for beach & water hunting with the Excal II.  You're covered for coins and relics with the V3i.  The only thing you're missing is a detector for small gold (here I'm assuming the V3i and Excal II do well for gold other than the really small stuff).  So my question is: are you going to be hunting for tiny gold?  If not I don't see an obvious reason why other, newer IB/VLF detectors on the market will get you much.

57 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

(I cut out your questions, to combine your declarations for effect, and added emphasis.)

You're covered for beach & water hunting with the Excal II.  You're covered for coins and relics with the V3i.  The only thing you're missing is a detector for small gold (here I'm assuming the V3i and Excal II do well for gold other than the really small stuff).  So my question is: are you going to be hunting for tiny gold?  If not I don't see an obvious reason why other, newer IB/VLF detectors on the market will get you much.

Unless, as an older detectorist, are looking for something lighter weight AND that combines the capabilities of those two detectors should you want to eventually downsize the arsenal OR are hunting in sites with thick junk target densities as the higher, adjustable speed of the Equinox will bring better target separation and unmasking to the table vs. Excal or the V3i.  Otherwise, if that is not the case, I agree with GB and really wouldn't recommend looking around until one of those two detectors bites the dust because other than versatility, weight, and speed Equinox does not bring a whole lot else to the table that those detectors don't already have.  Nokta/Makro and Minelab might be focusing their next detector releases at the higher end detecting crowd in 2021 after taking on the entry level detector market place in 2020 with their Simplex and Vanquish offerings (respectively).  That might be a good opportunity to entertain an upgrade, but you should really have a reason for doing so (dying detector or a specific capability or feature objective you desire that you are currently missing).

• Like 2

I like my V3.  Used it some this past weekend and enjoyed it very much.   In my opinion its too hard to compare an instrument to a tool.   The V3 being an instrument and everything else being a tool.   

Anyway....

Comparing tools to tools..

I watched one of TNSharpshooters comparison videos on an found, in ground target.  It was a good video where he ran several detectors over the target, including the EQ800 and the Infibio (or maybe the multi-Kruzer- i disremember which).   The Equinox impressed me in that video as it appears to be operating with the 'Trash Density" feature of the Etrac lock in High.   This results in clean signal response of accepted targets in the midst of rejected targets.   Could be wrong.  But I liked the response.   The Nokta/Makro did ok, but the EQ800 response was cleaner.  

I still do not have any desire to own an EQ800 as my needs are different, but I was still impressed non-the less.  

If that helps.

HH
Mike

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

In my opinion its too hard to compare an instrument to a tool.   The V3 being an instrument and everything else being a tool.

High praise coming from a respected detectorist.