Love My V3i But Thinking About The Anfibio Multi Thoughts?

I have the V3i and the Equinox 800. I have not found the Equinox to be a replacement for the V3i even after being well acquainted with it by now. Equinox is faster, and stock coil to stock coil, a bit deeper than V3i in multi operation. Equinox can also get wet. So I see it as more of a complement to a V3i. Nothing aside from a CTX provides the kind of graphic target info and disc tools a V3i does. I still prefer it for most inland hunting particualrly with the 13" detech. I have also found that what it lacks in ordinary separation methods it makes up for in 3 frequency pinpoint. Where the bars shift it is easy to tell where one object ends and an adjacent target begins. I do strongly recommend an Equinox 800 to anyone with a V3i though. What a deadly duo. Never been happier or more productive than with this combo. 

• Like 3

Outside of not being waterproof, why would you want to find another detector? Id explore extra coils for that V3.

• Like 1

For me, that was basically the primary reason. I needed a water machine. Didn't want to take my V3i anywhere near water. If I had to choose only one machine, it would still be the V3i with that 13" Detech. But I couldn't ignore the Equinox and all it offers for the price. Same reason I likely won't be able to ignore the Simplex. Nice backup all terrain from all we are hearing from respected names in the hobby. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If I didn't have my ATP for slugging through the sludgy ponds I would look at the Multi Kruzer. Not that it's better or worse than the Nox but rather I like the eliptical coil better in my area vs round, the s handle looks more comfortable than the Amphibio and Nox as I am used to those. Vibration is handy as if I miss the target the water gets really murky and lastly they have a 9" round concentric coil available which would be killer in parks with a lot of beer bottle caps.

If your looking to hit the beach then the Nox is your best choice as far as VLF's

Just my thoughts.

Whites Spectra V3 is a timeless detector .. We'll see what it can do with a 18 "detech Excelerator coil ...

november 1 iphone5S 2019 006.JPG