Sign in to follow this  
kac

Quick Test Of New Headphones

My old headphones got all beat up over the summer plowing through the woods so I snagged a pair of Garrett Stow Aways for my Tejon. I was really surprised how good the audio really is on them. They do fit a little tight and are smaller but have a really great range of sound. Now I need to re-learn my sounds.

Anyways I didn't spend much time out, maybe half hour or so and left the 10x12 coil which kills me in trashy areas but I did get a nice smooth hit on this little 18k rose gold ear ring with a few diamond chips 0.7g.  Was only inch or so deep nothing to brag about.

IMG_0804.JPG

• Like 7

Hi kac, anytime I find gold jewelry or nuggets, it's a really good day. Great find!

Jeff

Could be a charm or pendant, too.  Appears to be a classic, popular "angel wing" design. Whatever it is, it's gold and a great find.

I'd brag about it.  😃  Where did it show up conductivity-wise, in the foil range?  Clearly you know how to swing that Tejon.

I assume you mean 'Easy Stow' headphones:  https://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Metal-Detectors-Easy-Headphones/dp/B0037OS7GU

A related story:  I broke the headband on my favorite headphones, the White's Prostars.  It turns out many detector headphone manufacturers use the same or very similar headband.  I had a $100 pair (no reason to name the brand) which I decided to canabalize to repair the Prostars.  Later I noticed that the Garrett MS-2's (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-MS-2-Headphones-Land-Use/323158128139?hash=item4b3db9b60b:g:zoUAAOSwSz1asRP~) used the same headband and cost around $30. So I bought those planning on canabalizing them to repair the $100 set.  When I tried them out first I realized they sounded better and fit just as well as the ones I was going to fix!  They are now my backup (to the Prostars).

I wanted something lighter than the ms-2's and something i can hear around me as some parts are pretty rough out here. Yes those are the ones I got. I might replace my MS-2's with them later on as those are pretty beat up and I already patched the wires. MS-2's are really comfortable and light weight but I'm finding the full size is too much in the summers. I can't compare sounds between them as they are on 2 different detectors.

I can't justify buying a nice pair of Ghosts so they get trashed as I stumble through the woods. Maybe if I was in the fields and parks they would be great

The earring/charm broke just around the nickel range. Is nice to find especially since I was hitting only trash earlier, not even a zinc penny!

• Like 2

The Easy Stow Headphones are excellent. Ive bought two pairs in the past to use with various detectors.

Very comfortable with great sound.

They do sound good but not a fan on the inline audio control. Keep bumping it and not good when you run on a silent search machine. Wondering why the other day I was swinging and swinging and thinking, wow not even a bit of foil out here... Did a quick gb check and no sound and duh, bumped the switch 😞

Really threw me because shortly after that my batteries ran out Doh!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Goldgetter
      Xp deus shaft docs gold screamer and a few different wireless options! Finally got all the peices. Of course I got a bum connector peices for the aptx blue tooth so that will have to wait. I did test it but I had to keep my fingers on the connection while I used it. I must say sounded perfect, there was no lag as far as I could tell. Ready to stuff it in the pack and go find some gold!

• By Ridge Runner
      I didn't hear what you said because you were on my bad ear side of my head.
      It's not any different when out detecting without headphones. I don't like wearing those things either but you can miss gold and coin by not having them on. Oh you got good hearing  and you say I don't need them. How do you spell bull ? Think about this as you swing that coil over a weak signal but at that same moment in time it was a puff of wind. You don't know it because you got good hearing and you keep saying it. Who knows one day you may even believe it. The only thing I wish I was that guy coming along behind you.
      When I got my White's 66 TR the first thing I done was drill a hole to put a 1/8 pin jack for a ear bud. That was the best thing in helping me to find more coins. The detector before was BFO but I didn't put one in it being it was my first one I'd had and still learning.
      The young and us that is older will be better off if we will wear headphones. A lot of time the hearing in one ear is better than the other and as time goes by it won't get better. I guess you could say it's like other things it all goes south. You know when you get new eye wear and you can see so much better. Well headphones will do the same for you. You want to find more gold then put some on. If all you want is a ear bud well be sure to put it in your good ear.
      Swing low and slow !
      Chuck
    • By Gold in lake
      Hello

I am from France where we are lucky, cause I have received my Simplex 1 month ago.

My question is : is there a wireless headphone, not from NOKTA, working for SIMPLEX ?
      Now, there are 5 NOKTA Headphones. Green, blue, red and black and waterproof...

• By beardog
      I am wondering if the Nugget Buster headphones would be compatible with my GMT? I see they have an ohm rating of 150. My GMT has a suggested ohm rating of "at least 60" ohms.

With the 1/4 inch jack, would these work for me?
    • By auminesweeper
      Sitting here with some serious Rain going Down,, ( Cool Yeah )     It then started to Thunder, So In my moment of madness here indoors I decided to turn on the TDI SL, I set the frequency and cranked up the Gain flat out an not a whisper of EMI, This got me to thinking that when you are miles out in the Bush and your Mega PI's are singing like Alvin and the Chipette's  It would make good sense to have an SL with you when you have storms within the detection field of your PI that way you wont waste time in camp or have to go home and who knows you might even find a life changer,

I was going to sell my SL because I have another New machine I am going to Adopt, But after doing this today a person would be a fool not to keep it even if it is not the most powerful machine out there, because at leased I can still go detecting when the atmospherics are ruining the chances of all other machines and the price is not going to kill you and Nor is the Wife    
      I see it as a machine to finesse your kit not as a replacement like you would with coils etc,

Anyway just a thought,, john
    • By rc62burke
      Hi All
      Ever since I purchased my SDC I have been wanting to make it a wireless unit as I enjoy the freedom of no cables on my SD2200d by using a "Little Ripper" system.
      So with numerous questions on forums & checking out anything along these lines, I finally found some info online, so armed with a bit of info I went down to "Jaycar" & hey presto they had what I needed.
      I purchased 1x "Bluetooth Transmitter (which can receive also) & 1x "Bluetooth receiver, an adapter plug & adapter lead.

I connected it up yesterday when I got home & gave it a test run & it works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Very Happy" ATM I use under-chin ear-buds but my next mission is to set up a booster with dual speakers.
      Here is a few pics of the parts I bought, the larger item is the Transmitter, they are USB chargeable with 8 to 6 hrs run time.

cheers
      Lee