Quick Test Of New Headphones

kac

My old headphones got all beat up over the summer plowing through the woods so I snagged a pair of Garrett Stow Aways for my Tejon. I was really surprised how good the audio really is on them. They do fit a little tight and are smaller but have a really great range of sound. Now I need to re-learn my sounds.

Anyways I didn't spend much time out, maybe half hour or so and left the 10x12 coil which kills me in trashy areas but I did get a nice smooth hit on this little 18k rose gold ear ring with a few diamond chips 0.7g.  Was only inch or so deep nothing to brag about.

IMG_0804.JPG

• Like 7

Hi kac, anytime I find gold jewelry or nuggets, it's a really good day. Great find!

Jeff

I'd brag about it.  😃  Where did it show up conductivity-wise, in the foil range?  Clearly you know how to swing that Tejon.

I assume you mean 'Easy Stow' headphones:  https://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Metal-Detectors-Easy-Headphones/dp/B0037OS7GU

A related story:  I broke the headband on my favorite headphones, the White's Prostars.  It turns out many detector headphone manufacturers use the same or very similar headband.  I had a $100 pair (no reason to name the brand) which I decided to canabalize to repair the Prostars.  Later I noticed that the Garrett MS-2's (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-MS-2-Headphones-Land-Use/323158128139?hash=item4b3db9b60b:g:zoUAAOSwSz1asRP~) used the same headband and cost around $30. So I bought those planning on canabalizing them to repair the $100 set.  When I tried them out first I realized they sounded better and fit just as well as the ones I was going to fix!  They are now my backup (to the Prostars).

I wanted something lighter than the ms-2's and something i can hear around me as some parts are pretty rough out here. Yes those are the ones I got. I might replace my MS-2's with them later on as those are pretty beat up and I already patched the wires. MS-2's are really comfortable and light weight but I'm finding the full size is too much in the summers. I can't compare sounds between them as they are on 2 different detectors.

I can't justify buying a nice pair of Ghosts so they get trashed as I stumble through the woods. Maybe if I was in the fields and parks they would be great

The earring/charm broke just around the nickel range. Is nice to find especially since I was hitting only trash earlier, not even a zinc penny!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Easy Stow Headphones are excellent. Ive bought two pairs in the past to use with various detectors.

Very comfortable with great sound.

They do sound good but not a fan on the inline audio control. Keep bumping it and not good when you run on a silent search machine. Wondering why the other day I was swinging and swinging and thinking, wow not even a bit of foil out here... Did a quick gb check and no sound and duh, bumped the switch 😞

Really threw me because shortly after that my batteries ran out Doh!