• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      "XP are always working on ways to improve our products, we are pleased to announce the new revised coil charging clip offering an advanced durable Polymer and upgraded charging pins."

New XP polymer charging clip
    • By Rick N. MI
      Last summer I hunted with the Orx in the freshwater lakes using Deep mode. Just now was testing a ladies 2.04 gram 14k gold ring in sand and was taken by surprise how much more powerful the Orx was in the Gold modes than Deep mode on the gold ring. On my test coins Gold mode didn't do as well as Deep mode so used Deep mode ring hunting last summer lol. Should have known Gold mode would be more powerful on gold lol.
      Was just taken by surprised how much deeper it was on the gold ring.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Has anybody used both or have any opinions on which coil offers the most useful overall frequency range? With the X35 you have 4, 8, 12, 16, and 26 kHz and with the round HF coil you have 15, 30, and 55 kHz.
      It seems to me the X35 26 kHz is sufficient for most nugget detecting while offering frequencies as low as 4 kHz. I guess another way of asking would be has anyone really found the 55 kHz or 74 kHz settings to be that much better than the 30 kHz setting on the HF coils?
      I’m just speculating that for the die hard nugget hunter the HF coils make sense but with the ORX X35 wired headphone combo available for as low as $649 it might actually be the better option for the multi-use detectorist.

XP ORX with 9” round HF coil

XP ORX with 9” round X35 coil
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Metal detecting with the XP ORX is as simple as switch on and go. Harry meets up with Gary Blackwell from XP metal detectors for a 1 to 1 training session and makes some amazing finds.

• By Jeff McClendon
      Took the ORX to 9,200 feet in the Colorado mountains today. It did really well in a lot of iron, tin, lead, brass, along with ironstone and gneiss/schist hot rocks. One 2.5 grain nugget/flake and a nice 1.5 gram specie. Gold 1 worked really well with frequency at 54 kHz, IAR 2, reactivity 2, iron volume on, sensitivity 90, threshold 10, 9" HF coil. The 1.5 gram specie was 6" deep with a nail and ironstone hot rock within  2 " radius. I could still hear the gold loud and clear. The 2.5 grain was 3" deep. The lead bullet and button back were both 8" deep.  I was fairly certain that the iron and tin can shards were iron range targets but there is so much black sand at this location that every target has a little iron response especially in the scoop. Kept thinking I was going to break the ORX in this rugged terrain. No problem. Can't wait to get back up to this location that is NOT known for any gold over 1/2 gram.
      Jeff