Ahh Bugger!!! Tinypic Have Shut Down - -

jrbeatty

- - - which means all my uploaded images have vanished, including the "Reg Wilson Gold Album" and "Gold found with the QED"

Wasn't even given the option to transfer my  images to parent company Photobucket for a fee.

Huge amount of work to edit and transfer images to another host - so shock and apathy prevail for now - need a beer and time to think - - -  :<(  

• Sad 3
  • Oh my! 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Steve has his own photo storage on this site, would of been safer to use that or even Google photos.

Sorry to hear about tinypic and now the mess you've got to deal with to fix it up.

Yeah Simon - should have indeed - didn't think it through enough.

The gold album has been up a long time, so I guess most people have seen it anyway. Reg's better half (Jannine) has a book coming out soon on the topic anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That's an interesting website Phrunt. 

JR - that is just a plain bugger!  A lot of work had gone into that album - not just the pics but the words to go with them.  Just looking through the link Phrunt put up it reminds me again how awesome those big nuggets are.  

Hope you get something (easy) worked out to get it up and running again.  

• Thanks 1

JB,

I feel your pain my friend, really I do.

The one lesson I can add is always Back Up your photos, particularly after the time you had put into each image and the background on those.  Memory is cheap now, I can only assume it is in Australia also.  You need to treat your photos as “digital assets” and back them up at least once, ideally twice, professionally three times with one copy off-site (in case of fire, theft, or natural calamity).

It’s added cost and time, but should the bad-day come, you’ll welcome the effort spent.

Good luck out there!  D

• Like 1

All you need is JRs login info Simon; he can change the password when you are done. I have high storage limits on my account (currently using 16 out of 60 gigs) and this site will never disappear unless I die, and even then there would be lots of warning as the account stays prepaid in advance by a substantial amount.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dgatleyDP said:

JB,

I feel your pain my friend, really I do.

The one lesson I can add is always Back Up your photos, particularly after the time you had put into each image and the background on those.  Memory is cheap now, I can only assume it is in Australia also.  You need to treat your photos as “digital assets” and back them up at least once, ideally twice, professionally three times with one copy off-site (in case of fire, theft, or natural calamity).

It’s added cost and time, but should the bad-day come, you’ll welcome the effort spent.

Good luck out there!  D

Thanks DG, I have all the images (albeit scattered somewhat)  Part of the problem will be working out which ones fit the narrative.

Another part of the problem is the sheer number of images scattered over many pages. The main problem will be finding the time to do it

Simon has helped considerably already swapping images available from the Wayback Machine.  Thanks mate!

• Like 2

Alas! I am totally vindicated in my disdain for electronic gizmo-ism. I never trust an electron or apparatuses that manipulates electrons or the companies that manipulate the apparatuses that manipulate the electrons that I don't trust. I am barely smart enough to know that ignorance, sometimes, is bliss.

However I truly hope JR gets everything back without cutting into his prospecting time.

• Haha 2