Minelab Vanquish Collapsible Rod System

PACK AND CARRY The new Minelab Vanquish is 2.8 lbs (1.3 kg) light with a collapsible snap-lock system instead of twist locks makes it easy to pack and go. The unique new design features both a telescoping rod and upper armrest section. The lever action locks do not use holes, so the rod can be adjusted to any length. The coil stays in proper alignment through use of square instead of round tubing.

Extended: 1450mm (57")
Collapsed: 760mm (30")

C70C8AD5-1052-4AE5-A7D1-919CC295E785.gif

• Like 4

I really like that design.  It's not only a great way to pack and go, but I see it as a perfect way to adjust it for length to fit my 10 year old granddaughter!  I'll be getting the 440 for her as a replacement for her GoFind 40.

Good post Steve!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since there's not a  twist lock, is there any movement (wiggles) in the shaft? Or after extending other than the snap lock, does it firm up somehow?

Won’t know for a few months when folks actually get some in their hands.  I will say that if the locking mechanism works similar to XP who also does not use a round shaft for Deus/ORX, it is pretty reliable for locking and the non-round shaft is not subject to rotational wiggle, but can be subject to flexing with heavier coils.