New Update Has Arrived

Dan(NM)

Oh, my first attempt at the upgrade using my Chromebook did not work.  I had to use my Windows machine.

Initially, I saw no difference in the Fe menus of my 800 after installing 2.0.  But then I figured it out..thanks TNss.  I'll test both my 800s on the beach this weekend leaving #1 on the 1.7.5 update and #2 on the 2.01 update to see if the new update works as designed and if there's any distinguishable difference.  I'll report back on my findings. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Oh, my first attempt at the upgrade using my Chromebook did not work.  I had to use my Windows machine.

Well that makes sense since the updater versions are clearly marked for only Windows or Mac (which I think is new this time around).  Wonder if manufacturers are going to start recognizing Chrome OS as a platform for future firmware updates as Chromebooks AND firmware updateable detectors become more common.

• Like 1

Not definitive by any means but did some test on my wooden floor with a nickel and an antique gold band I found yesterday at the summer camp.   In addition to the nails in the floor I added a rusty crusty bent nail to the mix. 

The results surprised me! With normal IB at 0 compared to the new F mode there was no discernible loss of signal response/audio quality even with F mode cranked to 9 no matter the relationship of the position of the target to nail. 

So it seems this feature may possibly be fine tuned to the response of certain unique targets as in bottle caps and flat iron?

Can't wait to get out and try it in the area we hunted yesterday where the stock coil was smearing high conductors from 20 to 30 due to co-locate nails whereas my buddy using the 6"er was getting almost solid lock ons varying only a couple numbers when compared. He beat me with 2 V Nckels and a Buff to my none but we were even on IH's and I got him on the ring.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I noticed last night that my pennies had jumped up recently to many of them being in the 25-26 range.  That happened a couple of times tonight but the few pennies were mostly around 20.

Are you distinguishing between bronze pennies (pre-1982) and zinc pennies (post-1982).  What you describe is the standard response of the Eqx:  bronze ID typically at 25-26 and zinc around 20.

• Thanks 1

Updated EQX manual is out.  Download from Minelab site.  English version 4901-0249-5-EN:

FE / F2 settings on page 52.

80AE2CC4-DE97-4EDF-8BC6-19588A5615D0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

seems pretty good to me especially when you get up around 4 or 5.  it's the part with the tradeoffs....seems like  clean, smooth bias though--a clean signal does not seem to suffer that much at least at those mid settings. 

cjc

• Like 1

For 600 users....

My interpretation from reading the updated manual is IB on FE is still the equivalency scale 600/800;  1/2, 2/4, 3/6

FE2 is independent and is 1/3, 2/6, 3/9

Big added difference here. 

• Like 1

Some quick Iron Bias info from the updated manual to get started:

Only available in Multi, Iron Bias FE and Iron Bias F2 profiles are independent (ie. choose one or the other), Iron Bias F2 is best used in All Metal mode, default setting for F2 is 6 (for 800 / 2 for 600) in all detect modes.

Use a quick press of the Accept/Reject to toggle between either Iron Bias mode.

• Like 1