New Update Software 2.0 Iron Bias Settings Question

I used the old software on my Equinox 800 this morning using my Normal Field 1, recovery speed lowered to 3, changed to 5 tones, and everything else factory.   I found a nice sterling silver Saint Christopher pendant and 25 coins.   However, after successfully installing the new software 2.0 I did some testing on targets in the front yard.  I did see a marked difference in the response (sound) to a bottle cap after bumping up the new F2 iron bias to 7.  My question is the setting on the old iron bias should be similar to the new F2 iron bias setting(say 1 on both or 7 on both) , or, does the two somehow work in different reams? Can the iron bias be 1 on the old iron bias and 7 on the new F2 to get the best results of a different sound response on bottle caps?  Im still playing with it, but curious to know anyones take on the settings question. Of course, there wasn't much of a explanation from Minelab on their website on how the the new feature works or the settings, but I am grateful that they do come out with updates/ fixes. Thanks.

fullsizeoutput_18d5.jpeg

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

• Like 1

Walter, 

According to the newly updated Equinox user's guide (Page 52), running in F2 mode "disables" the old "FE" mode, and vice versa.  IN other words, you can't run an FE setting, and an F2 setting, at the same time.  If you set an F2 setting, then the old "FE" setting is inactive.  Then, if you set an FE setting, that deactivates your F2 setting.

That's the way I understood it...

Steve

• Like 2

Steve did you notice thou........ that BOTH were set the same in the various modes?   Soooo whats the difference?  ML recommends you run FE at 6 or FE2 at 6 in beach mode.  However i found FE at 2 to sound about like FE2 at 4.  Maybe im dreaming, but it seemed to move more of the iron tones out of the lower digits.    I think we all know DEEP non-ferr targets can move into the ferr range.    This may split the tone to let you hear targets like silver.  Was there a shift maybe moving wrap around?   I didnt find it eliminated bottle caps..... but i could more easily say thats a bottle cap ...... well except the NEW AGE ones.....i mean when its a solid 15 it is what it is.   I think a lot of people want to knock out iron..... thats a good thing on shallower iron.... but not on deep non-ferr targets.   Maybe thats what this is supposed to do.   Hard to test old vs new without having 2 machines....... much like when the last update came out.

• Like 1

I have (2) 800s.  I left #1 with update 1.7.5 and updated #2 with 2.0.1.  I plan to test both in wet salt sand this week/weekend and post my observations.  Stay tuned.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

I have (2) 800s.  I left #1 with update 1.7.5 and updated #2 with 2.0.1.  I plan to test both in wet salt sand this week/weekend and post my observations.  Stay tuned.

Looking forward to your results Dan. Thanks!