TDI Hi-q

Glenn in CO

Does anyone know any information on the new coil for the TDI SL and if the coil will be available separately?

closeup.jpg

TDI SL is now ... TDI Hi-Q
A new high performance coil design for added depth -
in two options

TAN Part Number: 800-0334-Hi-Q
CAMO 800-0334-Camo
MSRP: $1199.95
MAP: $1099.00

TDI.jpg.279ec5c6ccb4a079cbb6692e801e8f96.jpg

Waiting for someone to give a review. Is it just the coil that was improved are maybe something in the control box like higher voltage?

Not so sure about the camo box . I could sit it down and may never find it again.

Here we are with another big question mark.

New detectors from here there and everywhere and not enough money to buy them all .

Chuck 

• Like 2

It’s on the net for sale with two coils . The new coil is 7.5 X 12 and the other is that 7.5 dual field coil. Got the same battery pack as before.

If you could just buy the new coil and up the voltage on what you got that would be the way to go. I know that I’m not going out and spend 1099.00 to find out either way what’s best .

A test on here was just done to how well that 7.5 dual field coil worked. If you can’t buy this new coil without having to buy the whole package then just order the other .

It’s more than one way to shin this cat ,

Chuck 

The odd thing is they all over the net they have this new coil on the same old TDI SL but it’s the first time seeing it here .

We the customer lost a lot when Tom left White’s. But lately it has been anything coming out that peaked out interest anyway  

Chuck 

Glenn

When you look the picture of the two detectors I guess it’s depth perception makes the coils look like a different size than the other.

Funny at first I was thinking two new coil. Well that shot my thinking down.ha

Chuck 

• Like 1

phrunt

You remember when they came out with the tan control box from the usual black box. They also had Miner John’s coil on it.

Now the same control box with a new coil plus a free one . That little 7.5 dual field is a great add on for anyone.

I believe with the other coil that they had before wasn’t a mover like they had hoped .Now White’s hope with the new coil and the added dual field this will move their overstock tan TDI SL..

Just my opinion.

Chuck 

I'm wondering if the new coil is simply an eliptical DF. Whites holds the patent on the DF.

Jim

• Like 2

Hey Jim

If we could get near one with a Pinpointer maybe we could find out. That way we could test for that little center coil. I don’t think I’d want to take a saw to one to find out .

Chuck 

• Like 1

I'm thinking they ran out of the Miner Johns, since he got burned out in the big Paradise fire. The Folded Mono, that Razorback came out with, and sold by Miner John, was a Reg Sniff design to get around Whites DF patent. So, Whites probably just made a DF that had the same dimensions as the MJ 8 x 12 FM. The patent on the DF design is dated Aug. 9, 2011. US 7,994,789 B1. If that's the case, and the new DF is as good as, or better, than the MJ, it would be really good. But I'd bet my modded TDI SL, with the MJ 8 x 12 is better...LOL The Special Edition (tan box) doesn't have the Sweep Speed mod. Don't know if the new one has the increased battery voltage, either.

Jim

• Like 3