TDI Hi-q

Glenn in CO

Jim 

I do believe you hit the nail on the head about Mine John’s coils . I’d forgot about that and I bet they were buying as need be . Then with all the tan metal housing they has to come up with what we see now .

I think it’s a great buy for someone wanting a pulse detector with two coils. The trouble for us that already has the detector we just need the new coil .

You could say the two coils is half the price of the total value of the package.

Maybe next time they will call me for my opinion before they do something next time. haha

Chuck 

• Like 2

If I didn't have a PI, I'd be all over that package. Sure wish I knew for sure what they did on the new coil.

Jim

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

A new name detector because they sell it with a different coil? that's wrong. 

White's has a long history of repackaging their machines, geesh how many versions of the XLT and MXT are there alone?

White's evolution vs revolution. Given the reality of the fires that  impacted Miner John it is clear White's has been forced to make other arrangements, taking the opportunity to repackage the Tdi SL. Same machine with just a new coil? 'New Patent' could mean it is not a folded mono or duel field coil but something new. Something to get excited about? Need user input and better photographs of the new coil.. White's needs to step up and communicate with customers.  Karelian

closeup.jpg

• Like 1

Looking for more information I Googled HI-Q, encountering articles on building higher output coiled antennas.  So antenna technology or research translates to metal detector coils? Hence the new patents?  The name intrigued me. Mentions of different materials, copper and coatings, spacing, different frequencies, thickness of wire etc, in the antenna article.  Good luck to White's if they have managed a step forward.  Karelian

• Like 1

Blowing up the picture it looks like it could be crossed between a DD and what else only White’s knows.

I still say for anyone wanting a Pulse detector for so little money you need to jump on this with both feet.

Chuck 

I searched Google Patents, and the last patent issued to Whites, that I could find, was dated July of '18, and had to do with a new automatic induction balance system for coils on IB detectors. I don't think it would pertain to PI's. I'm still betting it's a DF. If it's better than the MJ, it's going to be good.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim

I’m going to call Whites in a few minutes and ask about that coil to see if they will sell it straight out . I’m like so many I don’t need the detector.

Get back soon.

Chuck 

Good Luck, Chuck...LOL  I'm not holding my breath.

Jim