TDI Hi-q

Glenn in CO

Phrunt  

When I got White’s on the phone I did ask if they going to sale that coil by it’s self and he said yes but not now. If it sales like they want we’ll never see it as a single item.

Chuck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Maybe the detector required modification to run the coil? May explain why its not sold separately.  Poor communication by White's if that's the case. They should offer an upgrade program to existing users though in that situation. 

Can't upgrade the TDI's via software, like the 'Nox. I don't think they've ever offered changes to the circuitry.

Jim

56 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Phrunt  

When I got White’s on the phone I did ask if they going to sale that coil by it’s self and he said yes but not now. If it sales like they want we’ll never see it as a single item.

Chuck 

I'd be really surprised if that coil isn't offered for sale at some point.

Jim

Jim

If this TDI sales is like a dead fish and don’t move like White’s wants we’ll see it sooner. That tan box didn’t sale like they wanted before and they want to try to make another run at it .

Think about this if you could buy both coils it may cost around about 500 to get out the door with them . Take that 500 from 1099 that you can buy the whole package for and now you find yourself paying 599 for the electronics you have in that tan box .

Just how do you spell steal as in stolen.

If White’s are someone out there would make a video to show and tell all . I could find myself with a tan box standing with other detectors.

Chuck 

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Think about this if you could buy both coils it may cost around about 500 to get out the door with them . Take that 500 from 1099 that you can buy the whole package for and now you find yourself paying 599 for the electronics you have in that tan box .

Chuck,

I think White's should hire you as their new sales/marketing manager. Don't let them low ball you on compensation though! :biggrin:

12 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Jim

If this TDI sales is like a dead fish and don’t move like White’s wants we’ll see it sooner. That tan box didn’t sale like they wanted before and they want to try to make another run at it .

If White’s are someone out there would make a video to show and tell all . I could find myself with a tan box standing with other detectors.

Chuck 

Bear in mind, Chuck, that the electronics cost is really low. I doubt the components cost Whites more than $100. All you have left is the box, shaft, and labor. The real cost is in the engineering. I imagine they're still making money at the new price, even including the coils. Also, where are you getting your info on how many tan machines have sold? They obviously sold enough to run out of the MJFM coils.

Jim

Jim

If White’s wasn’t making money they wouldn’t be selling it.

It’s like you said in my way you’re not paying the Doctor for what he’s doing but what he knows .

Chuck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 11:08 AM, garikfox said:

I like this machine, i want one. 🙂

Now the question is, can we use 8 x Energizer Ultimate Lithium's to gain the voltage needed for depth.

8 x 1.81v = 14.48v

7 hours ago, garikfox said:

Hey guys, I was curious and emailed White's to see about the new coil on the TDI SL. If anyone is interested here is what Jack from White's said.

tdihiq.thumb.png.30d00bb24774ec17a87991ea55f7f58f.png

Stay strong Garik.  You've got everything you need and more with your NIB GPX 5000 and all the coils you already purchased.  Remember Rob's advice ...  :rolleyes: