TDI Hi-q

Glenn in CO

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You know whatever the reason another great guy and his business not there for us anymore. I haven’t heard a word from Jimmy sense he went out of business. 

Chuck 

I'd be interested in finding out whether he's still doing his British Isles trips.

Thanks!

Walt

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I think this is correct, if anybody thinks not please let me know.....

dual-field-coil-versus-folded-mono-coil.jpg

This has probably been answered before Steve  but what makes it superior to the DF?

Thanks!

Walt

Just got this in my email inbox:

Dear Walt

White’s version is a two coil (Duel Field) design.

Miner John used one coil, and folded it to make two loops, thus folded coil design.

We found better results overall with the two coil configuration, thus, did not use Miner Johns folded one coil design.

Yes, some differences are expected.

Sincerely

Steve Howard

White’s USA

• Like 3

Doesn't surprise me at all. Glad Steve Howard finally cleared that up. But now I have another coil to buy, once they're available.

Jim

Bohemia Miner  

What size coil did you get with your Tan TDI SL ?

They were showing two different size coils for the Tan and Camo in their ad . I was wondering if that question was answered too or is that still unknown?

Chuck 

Well I just got off White’s site and now they show the same size coil for both. Now they saying it’s a dual field High Q coil.

All is right in the world being we have taken the time to find out the whole story.

Chuck 

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You know whatever the reason another great guy and his business not there for us anymore. I haven’t heard a word from Jimmy sense he went out of business. 

Chuck 

Chuck, I reached out to Jimmy through his website for Discovery Tours and he's still kicking!

http://discoverytours.us/

Here was his response:

Hi Walter,  We are still doing our  Discovery Tours to England. In fact this was our 29th consecutive Year .I have personally missed participating in the tours for the past 4 years for "health issues" ....I  turned 89 years old this year, but I hope to make at least one more trip if I can get a better handle on health. Meanwhile, I do all the paperwork from here. Get the  participants, collect the funds, keep all informed of details and handle the return of the finds to the participants when I get them back from David and Trish in UK. So the only difference is that I don't get to participate in England. I hope to make one more trip at some point  when health improves....but age is not on my side, sorry to say. Our website is still active and David and Trish keep it up to date with pics and  finds and  info, as always. If you are interested in  a future trip.........let me know and I will keep you on my mailing list.

Best regards, Jimmy

Thanks!

Walt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1