Finally, an answer from somebody that knows something. Why was Jack telling everyone it was a folded mono, creating all this confusion? Thanks Walt!

Bohemia Miner  

What size coil did you get with your Tan TDI SL ?

They were showing two different size coils for the Tan and Camo in their ad . I was wondering if that question was answered too or is that still unknown?

Chuck 

Well I just got off White’s site and now they show the same size coil for both. Now they saying it’s a dual field High Q coil.

All is right in the world being we have taken the time to find out the whole story.

Chuck 

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You know whatever the reason another great guy and his business not there for us anymore. I haven’t heard a word from Jimmy sense he went out of business. 

Chuck 

Chuck, I reached out to Jimmy through his website for Discovery Tours and he's still kicking!

http://discoverytours.us/

Here was his response:

Hi Walter,  We are still doing our  Discovery Tours to England. In fact this was our 29th consecutive Year .I have personally missed participating in the tours for the past 4 years for "health issues" ....I  turned 89 years old this year, but I hope to make at least one more trip if I can get a better handle on health. Meanwhile, I do all the paperwork from here. Get the  participants, collect the funds, keep all informed of details and handle the return of the finds to the participants when I get them back from David and Trish in UK. So the only difference is that I don't get to participate in England. I hope to make one more trip at some point  when health improves....but age is not on my side, sorry to say. Our website is still active and David and Trish keep it up to date with pics and  finds and  info, as always. If you are interested in  a future trip.........let me know and I will keep you on my mailing list.

Best regards, Jimmy

Thanks!

Walt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Bohemia Miner  

What size coil did you get with your Tan TDI SL ?

They were showing two different size coils for the Tan and Camo in their ad . I was wondering if that question was answered too or is that still unknown?

Chuck 

Chuck, it's an 8 x 12.  I did some air tests with some nuggets.  I know some folks don't care for them, air tests not nuggets. LOL  There was a little more depth over my MJ Jimmy Coil but not much.

I'll post the results as soon as I get them typed out.

Thanks!

Walt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, Jim in Idaho said:

I'm wondering if the new coil is simply an eliptical DF. Whites holds the patent on the DF.

Jim

That is a good thought. 

6 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

That is a good thought. 

It turned out to be a Dual Field coil.  I suppose you could call it an Elliptical but I think I would have preferred one based on their Eclipse 1400 coil size and design.

Thanks!

Walt

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tony
      My cleaning regime after an ocean detecting session is meticulous but I got a little careless when I got home.
      i always rinse the unit really well at the beach showers and always look for signs of water ingress immediately afterwards and everything checked out fine.
      When I get home, everything is submerged in a long plastic tub full of warm fresh water where it soaks for about 15 minutes. I also add some mild liquid soap to help get all the salt out of every knock and cranny. I normally add the soap to the bottom of the tub and then blast the water in to get it mixed up......and THEN I place the detector in. Well today, I got careless and placed the detector into the bottom of the tub first and then for some unknown reason, proceeded to fill the tub with heavy water pressure.........yep........the force of the water got past the orange gasket and forced itself into the detector body. Luckily I noticed it straight away and no damage was done at all. I did have to disassemble the whole unit and dried it all out completely. Not too much water got in as you can see in the third photo. The biggest hassle is getting the gasket back on and securing the 8 screws evenly otherwise the gasket can bulge out in a few places.
      Lesson learnt........go easy with the water pressure when using the snap on hose connector. I’ve only made this mistake once and didn’t get away with it. 
      Anyhow, now you all get to see a disassembled TDIBH. Interestingly, the battery compartment is  completely separate from the electronics top half. As far as a waterproofness weakness.....it is the orange gasket but only from high dynamic water pressure.
      Tony

• By kac
      How good would the TDI SL work for sniffing out coins around old foundations that have a lot of iron but low to moderate aluminum? I have been looking at various coil and detector options out there for the vlfs whether a new machine or for the machines I have and have a feeling they aren't going do do anything significant performance wise.
      Trouble is some of the old coins I suspect are in the areas are near foundations and where land was disturbed when the buildings were constructed. Conditions have heavy brush so a smaller coil is needed to sniff around and tons of iron that mask out even my little concentric. Smaller coils aren't going to hit the depths I want to get to 12"+ on small silver.
      Aluminum that is there is fairly shallow and not a big deal. I dig all the ring tabs as they have the same signal and vdi as flying eagles here. Can's I can identify with my eardrums 🙂
    • By Steve Herschbach
      ...is that you can chest or hip mount the control box using the included pouch. The BeachHunter TDI is already the lightest weight waterproof ground balancing pulse induction (GBPI) detector on the market at 5.2 lbs. It is also the only GBPI model that comes ready to hip or chest mount. If you chest or hip mount the control box all you are swinging is the rod and coil at about 2 lbs. Nice!
      Note that the coil on the BeachHunter TDI is hardwired to the control box. Use care not to bend and stress the connection point to the control box as it could lead to premature failure of the coil cable.
      More about White's BeachHunter TDI

White's TDI BeachHunter with control box in hip mount / chest mount pouch

• By rasheede11
      what is the best
      Coil use gpx4500 for
      Small nuggets weighing 0.2 g or 0.4 g
      Elite or N Finder Nuggets
      And circular or elliptical shape

• By auminesweeper
      In order to make finds some of the things I have done have gone against all the things that we know what not to do and although I know they are wrong where people would find rare coins etc once every 2 or 3 years on one such site I started pulling 6 or 7 per week, But I know I am wrong in the terms of correct deployment of such things, But I have the finds and I am still not sure what to think of that,
      I have seen every thing from BBS, FBS to XP machines being deployed with small coils to sift through the junk and still they find nothing in such heavily junk filled sites, So I thought about it and decided to do the total opposite to what every one else is doing and knows to be correct, So I fitted the biggest coil I had 12" concentric in my case and set the Disc on "3" which is a bit too high and the finds came thick and fast, Seeing deeper gave me the edge and at the time I thought it was laughable and amusing, But the more I did it the more it made sense, People see me there and the look on their face is priceless, A 12 inch concentric in a junk filled site this must look like that this is my first time detecting,
      I know the limits of the machine so now I have to be inventive, because the biggest coil I have seen there is a 10DD on an FBS/BBS machines, well because of the recovery speed, that gave me one edge and over machines like the XP the bigger concentric gave me another edge, I know it is a crazy thing to do but it works and so far I have never found less than 3 Ancient coins and many from the 1800s plus Gold jewellery  and junk jewellery etc and not once have I ever gone home empty handed, So until I have gone over all my sites then they will not be hunted out but the added bonus is they get ploughed every year and so the cycle begins again,
      I figure this is place is good for at leased another 4 or 5 years and then there is still my old patches to detect, In the Prospecting world doing this might only work for a year or two, But it will work because desperate times calls for desperate measures and this type of madness seems to fill in the gaps while we are waiting for the next Innovation to come along, If some of you are lacking the drive about detecting some area's I would urge folks to try it because you only have every thing to gain.
      Good luck,  john
    • By goldbrick
      I have an addiction. I am a coil junky. I have 13 coils for my GPX 4500 alone! I feel kind of stupid putting that in print for everyone to read but each purchase seemed to make sense at the time or I at least thought I could some how justify it because of increased gold production due to that specific coil.   Since I purchased a Makro Gold Racer Pro Pack I am now casting about for reasons to sate my addiction with a couple new accessory coils for the GR. Specifically the 5.5x10" concentric and the 13x15" DD. I have my ideas how each of these coils will be beneficial to me but I would like to hear what you guys think these coils offer in the way of advantages. Lets hear all the reasons you can think of for any detecting genre be it prospecting,relic,coin,jewelry,beach etc.,etc....
      Thanks,
      Merton