TDI Hi-q

Glenn in CO

Ok Jim

I just got off the phone with Jack was his name and he said at this time it will be sold only with that detector.

Oh but dig this ! I ask if it was a dual field coil and he said no . It’s a folded and that’s the word he used eight that will be more sensitive to small gold than the dual field coil.

If you have a question ask for Jack.

Now you know the rest of the story said Paul Harvey.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Maybe John is getting royalties off of that design. 

I guess you and I will have to sit back to wait for the videos to see just how good it is .

Chuck 

• Like 1

So, they're just making their own version of the Folded Mono. Interesting. I don't think the Folded idea was ever patented. I'll have to check on that. Or maybe it was and Miner John licensed Whites to make their own, or have another coil maker build them for Whites. Thanks for the info.

Jim

• Like 1

Turns out that Reg Sniff publicized the idea on Geotech. Once it was publicized it can't be patented. So anybody can make and sell them.

Jim

• Like 1

I'm sure Whites will start selling them, once they've milked the market on the detector package deal. It would have to be much better before I'd spend $250 on one. I already got lucky a month ago, and found a new MJ 8 x 12 for $150, shipped.

Seriously good coil, too.

Jim

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 8:39 AM, Jim in Idaho said:

Turns out that Reg Sniff publicized the idea on Geotech. Once it was publicized it can't be patented. So anybody can make and sell them.

Jim

Do have a link for this information? I'll build one.. All so, the picture says it's a patented design. ..

Noob

Before Miner John was making the coils another guy had the business. He was making the coils for a fair amount of time then sold out to John .

The only patented that White’s may have on is the name they using. I think at one time it was referred as a folded eight.

You may want to read back on what Jim said about a patented.

It’s some out there that think the coil is is the cats meow . It’s all about ones opinion from another.

Chuck 

I saw an ad, by Whites, that said the coil is an 8 x 14 Dual Field. Whites has the patent on the Dual Field. They also said on another ad that the coil was patented. It can't be a Folded Mono because that design is not patented...it's in the public domain. I'd like to get the 8 x 14 DF, to do a test between it and the 8 x 12 MJ FM. I'm thinking that 8 x 14 might give some added depth, but who knows?

Jim

• Like 1

Jim

I don’t know what the Sam Hill is going on because I ask a direct question to Jack if the High-Q was a dual field coil. His reply back to me no it’s not . He said it’s a folded mono.

I believe that White’s came up with a high tech name like High-Q so to sound like new technology. Would you want to say what joe blow has been making for years?

If you didn’t know about the coil before and everybody else didn’t know about them White’s has come up with new technology. Then all of us nuts who can’t live without it will have to buy . That’s just what White’s wants you to do .

Chuck