Hello From The Philippines

joemedic

Hello all!, new member here from the Philippines!

Hope i learn a lot in this forum, really interested in starting this hobby. but i still don't have a detector yet.

I m already set to get a Nokta but still figuring out which model to purchase. :D

Where will you be hunting?  What will you be hunting?

Where will you be hunting?  What will you be hunting?

Mainly beach, river and forest area as i am on Cebu island. I guess i'll hunt for relics and coins but if i find gold then it's so much the better.

I get out to my local beaches 4-5 times a week (if not more) and this time of year with it being such a long hot drive I won't be in the desert for a few months.  Some of us here hunt relics and the beach but most here are hardcore nugget hunters.  As Rick said, we've heard that there is gold in the Philippines and also the hidden treasures under every palm tree.  Please show us some pictures of what you find.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll definitely post pictures of what i find. With the WW2 and the Marcos excavated gold stories who knows what's under every big tree near a river with a mountain view holds. Hopefully no UXO  :D

The only other thing is deciding which Nokta to get, Fors Core or Goldensense. :D

Joemedic,

I worked on building a geothermal powerplant in Mindanao back in 1996.  Lots of stories about buried gold from WWII!   I brought a detector to the Philippines but as it turned out I was working all the time and didn't have much time to use it so the millions and millions of dollars in gold bars is still there for you to find! 

I really enjoyed your country and it's hard to believe I haven't returned.  Sorry I can't help with advice on choosing between the FORS Core and Goldensense.  Best of luck to you.

Bob

• Like 1

I dunno,I always heard there were guerrillas over there with machine guns that like to kidnap people? Maybe I shouldn't believe what I read in the news? Never heard of any gold nuggets there, just Japanese/Yamashita WW2 gold stories.