New Hand Digger Coming

No comments?

This is a digger I started to develop about 3 years ago and finally happy with the current one. I will be looking for a few people who use a hand digger more than a foot digger and willing to put it through it's paces and give feedback on what they think. Still working out a reliable supply chain for materials and have a few possible tweaks. Also hoping the tariffs will get cancelled soon as they doubled my material costs. I plan on either manufacturing them myself or if possible find a USA based shop to make them. I also plan not to do direct sales and prefer dealer distribution.

Thanks

Interesting concept,  but I rarely ever use the hand trowel,  almost always use a root slayer type shovel, regular shovel, or sand scoop. My local parks dont allow any type of shovel or I would probably use it more.

I have a Lesche Ground Shark I use for woods and fields but did develop this for parks as it is easy to cut a flap or small plug and use a 12x12 piece of rubber roofing for a digging mat. Park people here are pretty cool about me using the digger as I'm not leaving a mess. I can't speak for all parks, probably depends on the town etc.

Many times I just use the hand digger so I don't have to carry as much and use it more around tree roots where any foot digger is just about useless.

I myself use a digging tool that White’s puts out . The handle is large and it fits my hands but yet light in weight. I don’t want something that pulls my pants down because of it’s weight. My wife don’t like when my piggy bank slot shows.

Chuck 

Chase

I too have one like that and for me it works great when I get down past 6”.’

We all have our likes and dislikes. That’s what makes all of us unique.

Chuck 

• Like 2

The digger makes nice clean plug or flap. Overall length is 12" and angle of the handle clears the plug at that depth. Blade is a bit wider than traditional bayonet digger and is a good balance of width for scooping without being too wide where it takes too much work to push into the ground. It is designed so you can put your weight into the cut. Handle works good for popping out rocks and to give you an idea I have been using mine on some old lost cobble stone roads (yes I put the stones back). Current model is approx 10.6 oz which I believe is lighter than most hand diggers. Grip is black urethane rubber and not a vinyl cast grip that is stuck on so it doesn't work loose.  I know it isn't for everyone, we all have our own ways of doing things.

• Like 1