New Hand Digger Coming

Kac

Like everything else it comes down to dollars and cents. So tell me what are you going to sell it for? Oh and another thing are you going to ship free?

Chuck 

Kac,

Just saw your post and your product is interesting.  It may be a nice way for folks to address the "sight of a shovel" issue in parks. I'll be very honest, the worst damage I ever see in parks is from guys who try to dig deep using hand trowels.  A blade of this nature on a shovel is very clean.   I currently use a similar long handled design that I had made for me.  The 12" length means that I can't stand and use my foot/body weight to cut to the plug so my curiosity would be how this works for me if I am in a kneeling position.  But it does looks promising.  I, too, would be interested to know what one will cost.

Bill

• Thanks 1

I use mine kneeling as I have a bad back so hunching over is not an option for me.

I have a couple units left for field testing to just pm me and I will give you my email so you can toss me the address.

I will be looking for dealers that want to sell them which I would prefer and I am trying to avoid direct sales. I do have a friend that has an Amazon account and right now with the tariffs I am looking at $40 with free shipping there. If the price of steel drops and the product goes through dealers I may be able to get the price down a bit. Dealers may be able to sell it for a bit less as Amazon fees stack up.

I'm not sure if I will make the Xmas rush there but not worried, rather have a good product that will last rather than rush something out.

• Like 1

Hey kac,

I built a couple like that a few years back.  I still use my original one.  I can tell you the t-handle design works great for me.  I didn't like the lesche style handle when trying to cut through the turf.  In harder soils they put alot of pressure on your palm.  The t-handle does a good job of eliminating that.  Also nice for leverage while loosening soil deeper in the hole.  Your design looks good, simple and effective.  I used an old #2 shovel for the blade of mine.  It is thin but strong and cuts the roots like no other.  20191008_203120.thumb.jpg.7137832ce6d3a82a15a16b935a63767f.jpg20191008_203140.thumb.jpg.d0beb13c5d763f2b1a32c0750affaa87.jpg

Good luck with it

• Like 2

Nice!

Mine the handle is 90 to the blade so your wrist is in a relaxed position. Seen a few others with T handles when i did my pat searches.

I cold formed my blades from sheet stock and after all is done I temper them so the edges last. If it wasn't for the bayonet style that shipped with my Garrett I wouldn't have been inspired to do something better for the grounds I hit. I'm sure the straight handles work fine in softer soils but killed me here.

Great idea !!  I have hunted on & off with a guy who has a Lesche with a T handle welded onto it. It serves him well. I will buy one once it hits the distributor. I most likely would only use it during the wet months.

Good luck !! 

Great idea in my opinion...you can never have too many digging tools ...I can see myself using one when my hand gets fatigued from using the lesche and vice a versa..I guess you dont really know how you will like it until you try it. Thinking you could clean up where the handle is welded to the blade so it tapers to the blade and also incorporate a rubber finger grip on the handle somehow? anything that could make it look and feel better would make it sell better. 

strick

• Like 1