Steve Herschbach

Minelab Vanquish Controls & Display Plus Coils

Minelab Vanquish 540, click for larger version....

minelab-vanquish-540-lcd-display-and-contols.jpg

Minelab Vanquish 440, click for larger version....

minelab-vanquish-440-lcd-display-controls.jpg

Minelab Vanquish 340, click for larger version....

minelab-vanquish-340-lcd-display-controls.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve  

You didn’t happen to see a price tag on any? Do you know if the coils will be out the same time as the Vanquish?

That is a great selection of coils that Minelab is offering if one so wish the need for their Vanquish.

I think it’s a wise move when a new detector comes on the market to have a good selection of coils at the same time offering with it.

I’m one that will always buy another coil and for me it will be smaller.

Thanks for posting.

Chuck 

I have no idea on coil pricing or availability as separate items. Pricing I would think would be similar to Equinox coil pricing. The 340 and 440 come with the V10 coil and 540 with the V12 coil. The 540 Pro pack comes with both V12 and V8 coils.

• Thanks 1

Steve , Do you know if i could use an adaptor to use my Gray Ghost headphones plugged in to the machine ? 

As long as you had the correct adapter. The Vanquish have the same Minelab 3.5 mm (1/8") jack as is used on the Gold Monster. If you do not use the correct 1/8” to 1/4” adapter the speaker on the Vanquish may not shut off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

As long as you had the correct adapter. The Vanquish have the same Minelab 3.5 mm (1/8") jack as is used on the Gold Monster. If you do not use the correct 1/8” to 1/4” adapter the speaker on the Vanquish may not shut off.

The box is big enough . Why didn't they put a 1/4 in socket on it ? 

Nobody in the world except old detectorists own 1/4” headphones anymore. Walk to any nearby store and look at the headphone selection. In fact wired headphones will soon be a thing of the past except for underwater use. You can argue 1/4” is more robust and an industry standard for many years but Minelab is just recognizing reality. They have not put a 1/4” jack in a detector since the GPZ 7000. I would be getting the 540 and using the wireless headphones myself if I was not already swinging an Equinox 800 with wireless headphones. My days of using wired headphones except when with mask and snorkel are over. Come to think of it I may as well sell mine! :smile:

I would go with 1/8 in but Gray ghosts are so good on Minelab and the cheapies they sell with their machines sound muffled .

I note as the price of the detector goes down a larger block is deleted when you discriminate. Looks to go from about 2 on the 540 then 5 on the 440 and 10 on the 340. That’s if I read each correct.

Chuck 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      I think Minelab may have pulled the extra early intro trick one time too often. The machine is not supposed to actually be available until sometime next year. In the meantime the Nokta/Makro Simplex+ is actually shipping, stealing the thunder. The gap between announcement and actual shipping dates on Vanquish is so large that people will have almost forgotten about it by the time it's available, or at least it will just be old news. It seems to me Minelab is squandering a certain amount of excitement that results in people making quick impulse buy type decisions. Given too much time people calm down and find reasons not to buy.
      I can't say I am a big fan of machines being announcement way before they are available. Hopefully the trend reverses. It may be Vanquish proves to be the time it went to far and we we go back to manufacturers keeping a better lid on things until we can actually buy them.
      Minelab Vanquish 340 Data & Specifications
      Minelab Vanquish 440 Data & Specifications
      Minelab Vanquish 540 Data & Specifications

Minelab Vanquish 540 metal detector
    • By phrunt
      A reasonable Vanquish 540 video, seems a decent machine for the price.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I have been lobbying for a mid-range elliptical coil for the Equinox for two years now, since it is the kind of coil lots of gold prospectors like to use. Minelab throws my suggestions in the trash bin when it comes to coils unfortunately. 
      Then the light bulb went off. The stock 11" coil for the Equinox sells for $229. I can get a 7" x 10" Multi-IQ coil for only $199 and a free metal detector to run it! It's called the Vanquish 340.
      No, Vanquish coils will not work on the Equinox. That would make too much sense. But still, $199 for a coil with a free detector included is a pretty hard deal to beat, don't you think?  I was kind of blowing Vanquish off but now I'm actually thinking a 340 might be a fun little machine to have around. It has to be sweet on the arm at 2.6 lbs with an S rod.
      Just a thought.

Minelab Vanquish 340 metal detector
      Search Modes - Coin, Jewelry, All Metal
      Custom User Search Profile - No
      Operating Frequencies (kHz) - Multi-IQ
      Noise Cancel - Auto (19 Channels)
      Bluetooth Audio - No
      Iron Bias - High
      Sensitivity - 4 levels
      Volume - 3 levels
      Target Tones - 3 tones (Low, Mid, High)
      Discrimination Segments - 5 segments
      Target ID's - -9 to 40
      Depth Indicator - 4 levels
      Length - Extended: 1450 mm (57") Collapsed: 760 mm (30")
      Weight (incl. batteries) - 2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)
      Standard Coil - V10 10" x 7" Double-D
      Audio Output - In-built loudspeaker, 3.5 mm (1/8") jack
      Supplied Headphones - None
      Display - Monochrome LCD
      Supplied Batteries - 4 x AA Alkaline replaceable
      Waterproof - Coil to 1 meter/3 feet
      Operating Temperature Range -  -10°C to +40°C (+14°F to +104°F)
      Storage Temperature Range -  -20°C to +70°C (-4°F to +158°F)
      Key Technologies - Multi-IQ
      Forum threads with "vanquish" tag

Minelab Vanquish 340 display and controls

• By phrunt
      Here is Minelab's latest video explaining promoting Multi-IQ 🙂

• By Chase Goldman
      OK - so the big reveal has occurred and now it is time to start discussing what we know, what we don't, what we want to know (Equinox cross compatibility), the good, the bad, the ugly (definitely ugly) of the new Vanquish series.
      Here is the link to the specs.   From there you can deep dive into each model and get more information.
      Some interesting tidbits about the 540 (I will focus on the 540 because it the full up model that is most comparable to Equinox).
      What I like: 
      The standard/accessory coils look great, hoping for Equinox cross compatibility (V12 12" x 9" Double-D, V10 10" x 7" Double-D, V8 8" x 5" Double-D) Not a big fan of the housing but like the stem Good basic entry level detector.  If you consider that two coils and wireless phones are included on the 540 pro pack, then the $499 US seems reasonable. Like thd red backlight. What I don't like:
      While I understand this is entry level, I really struggle with some of what is left off the detector -specifically single frequency operation appears to be absent. Iron Bias - fine, I guess, except you can't turn it off.  Would have rather seen variable recovery speed, which also appears absent. 5 Tones only (cannot be reduced to 2 or 3, or increased above 5 and tone breaks are probably not adjustable either).  I can live without greater than 5 tones, but locking into 5 and not being able to reduce to 3 or 2 is a tad disappointing. Questions and other Tidbits
      It looks like ground balancing is automatic Multi IQ compensation (not auto tracking, but auto Multi IQ balanced - i.e., what you get when you leave GB at 0 on the Equinox).  Speculating here. Don't know what "Custom" search mode means because there is not much you can adjust. Not clear what audio accessories are included with the 540/540 Pro other than non-descript wireless headphones are included with the 540 pro. Note only 25 disc segments, so individual TIDs cannot be notched out. 540 Uses Rechargeable NiMH AA batteries.  Not sure if they can be charged while installed or if they have to be charged externally.  340/440 use standard alkaline cells though I suppose you could put your own NiMH cells in there. Kellyco is advertising "Early 2020" availability and the following price points V340 = $199, V440 = $279, V540 = $369, and V540 Pro Pack (includes V8 and V12 coils and BT APTX LL Phones) = $499.  I think the V440 most closely aligns with Simplex but lacks the wireless audio and total submersibility of the Simplex.  Simplex lacks Multi Frequency.  Pick your poison. Note that the coils are waterproof to only "1 m (3 ft.)"  Not sure whether this is because the entire detector cannot be submerged (the housing needs a rain cover) so there is no need to specify anything greater or if the coils truly cannot be submerged deeper than 1 m, which would limit their usefulness as underwater coils with the Equinox, if they are even compatible in the first place. The limitations, though expected, really make the Equinox 600 look like a CTX vs.even the 540.  Lol.
      More to come when I have a chance to provide a more detailed comparison of features between the Equinox 600 and the Simplex.
      Click on image below for larger version...

Minelab Vanquish Controls & Displays All Models

Minelab Vanquish 340 Detector Database Entry
      Minelab Vanquish 440 Detector Database Entry
      Minelab Vanquish 540 Detector Database Entry