Minelab Vanquish Controls & Display Plus Coils

Hi Steve  

You didn’t happen to see a price tag on any? Do you know if the coils will be out the same time as the Vanquish?

That is a great selection of coils that Minelab is offering if one so wish the need for their Vanquish.

I think it’s a wise move when a new detector comes on the market to have a good selection of coils at the same time offering with it.

I’m one that will always buy another coil and for me it will be smaller.

Thanks for posting.

Chuck 

Steve , Do you know if i could use an adaptor to use my Gray Ghost headphones plugged in to the machine ? 

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

As long as you had the correct adapter. The Vanquish have the same Minelab 3.5 mm (1/8") jack as is used on the Gold Monster. If you do not use the correct 1/8” to 1/4” adapter the speaker on the Vanquish may not shut off.

The box is big enough . Why didn't they put a 1/4 in socket on it ? 

Nobody in the world except old detectorists own 1/4” headphones anymore. Walk to any nearby store and look at the headphone selection. In fact wired headphones will soon be a thing of the past except for underwater use. You can argue 1/4” is more robust and an industry standard for many years but Minelab is just recognizing reality. They have not put a 1/4” jack in a detector since the GPZ 7000. I would be getting the 540 and using the wireless headphones myself if I was not already swinging an Equinox 800 with wireless headphones. My days of using wired headphones except when with mask and snorkel are over. Come to think of it I may as well sell mine! :smile:

I would go with 1/8 in but Gray ghosts are so good on Minelab and the cheapies they sell with their machines sound muffled .

I note as the price of the detector goes down a larger block is deleted when you discriminate. Looks to go from about 2 on the 540 then 5 on the 440 and 10 on the 340. That’s if I read each correct.

Chuck