Dry Washers, What's Good?

I have the Keene 140s. It will handle more material than I can ever run through it alone. small enough to pack in, but heavier than the regular 140. I really like the thought that has Keene has put into drywashers. Easy to set up, run and clean out. My buddy has the 151 and it easily handles two of us running it all day long.

Road Dog could give some comments about modifying a Keene 151 for optimizing its potential.

I saw a few things him and Little Bill did that looked like very good ideas..one was trimming out the box to prevent jam-up on the end where the dirt flows down into the riffle tray,,,,, the others I cant remember, but he could.

AND...I had never heard of the wet/dry dustless unit...thx for that info..

I have seen the Whippet "7010 Model"---

Man, all we need is more money to try all this stuff!!!! :D 

Wow! Thank you all for your replys.

I posted my question then got very busy getting ready and leaving for Lake Tahoe. Spending the 4th up at the lake.

Plan is to hit the beach with my ATX the fireworks crowds leave!

Okay back to dry washers. I was leaning puffer with battery,something a little more mobile,one to two man operation. Although if gold recovery is significantly better with a blower style unit I may be persuaded otherwise.

Hey Paul. Have you used a blower style dry washer at all? The two dry washers I think would be a good fit for me are the Keene DW212v puffer and the 140s blower dry washer with crack vac.

Hum.. Choices.

Yes I have.

I have a gold weekender

I have used a Keene 151

And I have used NVChris' little puffer in the video... It worked fine..

I would recommend it... They are less expensive and work fine.

Then if you come upon a great pay streak and want to process a lot of dirt... You can step up to a 140 or a 151 IMO

Hi all,

First off, Paul mentioned Little Bill...the Little Bill I know is a equipment operator by trade, met him in the early 90's in the R.P. area of Nevada, when the very early Minelab 2000, 21000 were hitting the goldfields with great success and a roll of duct tape... I lost track of him some years back, but he can contact me if he wants thru the forums or ???

In the discussions of dry washers, I have read discussions on the Keenes, and such, and I do like the little wooden puffers very much, just like Chris showed off just above, as it was lovingly built by in Arizona, by a guy that knew how those little guys should be built. Price was right, light and did a good job I understand.

I cast about looking at all the dry washers, trying to figure out what might be the all around best, all things considered. As always, it depends on who you are talking to at the time, kinda like lovers of Chevys or Fords...

I finally decided on the Thompson Drywasher, which is made by a fellow in California, seemed to meet all my criteria at that moment. It is aluminum, a puffer, runs off a 12 volt battery, or whatever size you choose, or has a crank if you run out of battery power. I did buy a solar panel or two, with thoughts of using that to recharge the batteries, but as always with solar, it is only as good as where you are, and how much the sun is shining in that place...

Truth is, I can't say one way or the other, just how good it might be, as I haven't put a shovel of gravel through it as yet... If a person wants to read discussions about the Thompson drywasher, I know you can Google it and learn more.

So, I am just throwing the name in the foray, don't know anything more, and I don't have a dog in the fight... ie: I have nothing to gain by mentioning this brand.

Have a great day!

Gary/Largo

• Like 1