Dry Washers, What's Good?

Hey LARGO. Yesterday I say an advertisement in the Mining Journal for the Thompson dry washers.

They look nice and good pricing to.

The Keenes are nice as well but they have that big wheel on the side, looks like it won't pack up as small.

• Like 1

Thanks, Paul, That's a very long 4 wheeler ride. Was that all he had left? He found a nice big nugget on top of a hill at RP, figured he would try to follow that exposed dike as it dipped and rose, hoping he would find another big nugget. He walked a long ways in the direction he felt it went, not sure he found anything big again on his long walk. He and Havasu Bill were compadres out there, all part of the folk lore, and history of the place. I suspect Little Bill told you some good stories about the luck they had out there. Of course, being a hand to mouth gold prospector, you have to keep chugging along, looking through glazed eyes, hoping for the next nugget. That is what takes the gloss and glory off the romance of being a full timer. It's a hard go. Very few ever are successful at it... ~LARGO~

Hi Chris. That's not a bad looking little dry washer in the video!

Are they available for purchase?

Greg,

As far as I know, a couple of years ago Frank stopped making and selling the full sized "Ol' Yeller" drywashers like the one in NV Chris' video.  He was still selling a smaller hand operated sampling drywasher he calls the "Lil Yeller."  I don't have his contact info handy but you can find him by searching the web.

Bob

• Like 1

I have been very happy with my Keene 151........it certainly gobbles up as much material as can be thrown into the hopper.  I would like to see Road Dog's mods

Ill take $250 for that puffer,

Last I checked, 

Lil Bills drywasher is @ the Ranch, corner of Jungo and Imlay cut off and may be for sale.

Nothing special about the mods, in fact all they do is allow overfeed.

Hi all,

If you are real handy, Bill & Linda's Prospecting has plans, as far as I know, they are free...

Bill may sell some other critical parts, but he may also sell small drywashers.  Very nice website, with a LOT of photos and information, nevertheless...

Check it out!        http://billandlindaprospecting.com/

Gary/Largo

Thanks Bob for the reply on the "Ol Yeller".

Right now I'm most interested in Keene or the Thompson dry washers. I did like the Whippet dry washer for its light weigh. What I don't like is the price and the absence of a hand crank.