Dry Washers, What's Good?

Any puffer can be made to run Mexican style. Frankly I don't know why folks use cranks or pull cords when a leaver is so much less effort.

Here is how you deal with a dead battery or in this case a broken motor mount.

post-168-0-83781400-1436635165_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This place in Arizona had Ol Yeller drywasher for $176 but out of stock right now:

http://www.bunksarizonaprospecting.com/OlYeller.html

At the bottom of the webpage they give an email address for Frank Camp and Ol Yeller drywashers

To try and avoid any possible confusion, that's not the same full size Ol' Yeller drywasher in NVChris' video on the first page of this thread.  It's the one I was calling "Little Yeller" and it's considerably smaller and is hand powered. 

Any puffer can be made to run Mexican style. Frankly I don't know why folks use cranks or pull cords when a leaver is so much less effort.

Here is how you deal with a dead battery or in this case a broken motor mount.

That reminds me of a clam digger from Maine at Quartzite running a dry washer like that. It was thirty years ago. He was trying to get enough gold to buy gas to get back to Maine. It seemed to work just fine.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
On 7/2/2015 at 6:07 AM, boulder dash said:

I use a Keene 151. I can only say good things about it. It has amazing recovery even when running in heavy black sands 90%+. Only gold I have a problem catching is porous fluffy flat gold and ultra fine under 100 mesh gold. Even missing the ultra small stuff it's still catching a vast majority of the ultra small gold. In the picture is just one handful of concentrate panned down. The gold is powder small and all recovered with thel keene 151.

post-365-0-65700500-1435842304_thumb.jpg

I have a question I just recently got a Keene 151 and have watch a bunch of your guys videos spoils I upgrade the 151 with the 151S upgrade kit. I heard from some people that they prefer the original 151 so I wanted to get your opinion. Thanks Brother