Equinox 800 Field 2 Problem Since Software Update

ed 1

hi, have just updated my equinox 800 with the latest software. On checking my favourite profile (field2) found that it doesn't pick up gold signet ring, some hammered silvers, pound and 2 pound coins. Field 1 does pick all of these targets up. Anyone got any ideas as to why this should happen? Good job that I checked or would have wasted a lot of time and effort. Regards Ed

• Sad 1

Hi, thanks for taking time to reply. I didn't ground balance but was set at 0. Recovery was at 3 and iron bias was FE3. Will try factory reset, just waiting in case its a common problem. Had not recently tested my nox and wish I had, the problem may already have been there but I didn't notice. It is obviously a fairly recent problem as a couple of the hammered silver coins that didn't register were only found a couple of months ago so they obviously registered then. Regards Ed

8 hours ago, ed 1 said:

hi, have just updated my equinox 800 with the latest software. On checking my favourite profile (field2) found that it doesn't pick up gold signet ring, some hammered silvers, pound and 2 pound coins. Field 1 does pick all of these targets up. Anyone got any ideas as to why this should happen? Good job that I checked or would have wasted a lot of time and effort. Regards Ed

Hi Ed, I'm in the UK just been out today, I use Field2 as my prefered. I tried out the F2 at 6 for the first time recently, Noise Cancelled and Ground Balanced as normal, other setting as standard. - All seemed Ok with me, found a couple of corroded coins 200 years old + all seemed OK to me. I'm out again tomorrow evening, I'll check out your list. (Iron Falsing still a hassle, I've changed my approach recently - digging a lot more iffy signals if they are more that 2spades indicated (4") deep.)

What location were you in - Field?s, what was the ground like - lots of signals every swing or quiet?, what sensitivity did you use? I assume if it was recent the ground was wet - so good conductivity?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ed 1 said:

Hi, thanks for taking time to reply. I didn't ground balance but was set at 0. Recovery was at 3 and iron bias was FE3. Will try factory reset, just waiting in case its a common problem. Had not recently tested my nox and wish I had, the problem may already have been there but I didn't notice. It is obviously a fairly recent problem as a couple of the hammered silver coins that didn't register were only found a couple of months ago so they obviously registered then. Regards Ed

Default for iron bias (FE) in field 2 is supposed to be 0,  was FE = 3 for Field 1 also or was it 0 (also the default setting)?  In any event, I agree that a factory reset should be done be done and then see if you can repeat the results.  Bottom line, at the default settings, Field 2 should perform the same pre and post update.  GL

Hi, when testing was in the back garden, have checked in several different locations and still field2 will not pick up as my previous mail and signal as field 1 ,park1 and 2 and beach 1 and 2. Steve, if I factory preset will I have to re download the latest updates? Regards Ed

factory reset will not erase the latest software update. It will reset all of the settings in Park, Field, Beach and Gold modes.

So, if you have any special settings for those modes or in your User Profile you might want to write them down. Otherwise,

just hold down the power button until you see FP and then release the power button and let the Nox 800 power up finish.

If you still have a problem with Field 2 you might need to download the software update again and re-do the update.

Jeff

• Like 1

As Jeff said, a factory reset does not change the firmware, it just puts all settings back to defaults.

Seriously, you need to load the update again. The problem is not your update, it’s your installation of the update. If it won’t let you, go back to the previous version, and then update again to 2.1.12. I always do a factory reset immediately after doing an update to “lock it in” and then reapply any customizations I had before.

How To Go Back To Previous Equinox Firmware Versions

• Like 2