Equinox 800 Field 2 Problem Since Software Update

ed 1

I must have missed it - factory reset , update & reset again .

It makes sense , but I have not come across till this post , I have read bunch of posts on at least 2 forums and a few videos .

But I did a reset the last time I used it , then did the update yesterday and have not used since the update , but some time between . 

1st since buying new from a local store , have not read rule to see if linking sources ?

Digging vary little trash [ except when digging all targets to calibrate targets , new 800 machine to me ] as compared to my last detectors , 10-15 yrs. old lost in a fire .

Hi, have completed factory reset and customised Field 2 and can now pick up £1,£2, gold ring and hammered silver so thanks for the advise. One last question- iron bias now has both FE and F2 options. Do I use both of these or should I only be using 1? If I should only be using 1 how do I get rid of the other? Regards Ed

Hi , as your advise have performed factory reset and can now pick up £1,£2, hammered silver and gold signet ring using field 2, happy days. As Jeff stated the reset does still have the new F2 in iron bias_ my question is that the factory reset has both Fe and F2 set at 6 leading me to believe that the detector will now operate with both running.If not how do I delete/disengage one of them. Has anyone tested to ascertain optimum settings? Regards Ed 

26 minutes ago, ed 1 said:

Hi, have completed factory reset and customised Field 2 and can now pick up £1,£2, gold ring and hammered silver so thanks for the advise. One last question- iron bias now has both FE and F2 options. Do I use both of these or should I only be using 1? If I should only be using 1 how do I get rid of the other? Regards Ed

You have a choice of using the old FE iron bias settings which should behave about the same as before the update or the new F2 settings which behaves differently on bottlecaps, gives stronger iron tones in all metal at her settings than FE, and seems to have more or less of an effect for a given setting than its FE cousin (i.e. more falsing at low settings than FE and less falsing but more non-ferrous masking of iffy signals at high F2 settings).  In other words FE 0 does not equal F2 0 (more like F2 0 is less than FE 0) and F2 9 is much greater than FE 9.  F2 4 is roughly equivalent to FE 0.  Experimentation seems to be the only way to guide how you should set the filter.  Only one of those iron bias settings is active at a time, whichever one you select and adjust last will be the active setting.  Note also that you need to set your iron bias settings separately for each mode. HTH.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ed 1 said:

Hi , as your advise have performed factory reset and can now pick up £1,£2, hammered silver and gold signet ring using field 2, happy days. As Jeff stated the reset does still have the new F2 in iron bias_ my question is that the factory reset has both Fe and F2 set at 6 leading me to believe that the detector will now operate with both running.If not how do I delete/disengage one of them. Has anyone tested to ascertain optimum settings? Regards Ed 

Ed, See above explanation only one of the iron bias settings is selected and active at a time. (i.e,  only FE or F2, but not both).  You select the active one in settings using tge accept/reject button.  Note that the settings/default settings for iron bias are different for and need to be set separately for each mode (just like ground balance, noise cancel, tone settings, and recovery speed).  The excerpt from the manual pasted below should help explain this further.

SmartSelect_20191005-070935_Drive.jpg

• Like 1