Nokta/Makro Simplex+ Vs XP Deus Vs Minelab Equinox

Interesting.  If the simplex does as well in a variety of conditions it should be a heck of a deal. Even if it doesn't it will be a heck of a deal for some people in mild grounds.

Those were some tough targets in nasty conditions. I appreciated the redo. The first video was really sketchy with the person using the Nox having bad coil control, sounded like it was in 50 tones and the microphone was 10 feet away at least.

I am glad they took the time in the second video to bury the targets on camera, show settings on each detector, used the same operator and did some turning 90 degrees testing too.

The Simplex did great. I would say 3.5 out of 5 targets. I expected it to since it has Anfibio/Kruzer DNA and those two are as deep as the Nox in most moderate to mild conditions. Anyone looking for a good deal on a capable detector can't go wrong with the Simplex unless some major bugs show up. Hopefully not.

The Deus did about as I expected 3 out of 5. As much as I like the Deus/Orx for many things, you really have to tweak it a lot to be successful on deep targets, iffy audio with iron buzz (would you dig?) and no target ID except for the coin jar.

The Nox did well also 4.5 out of 5 with okay tones and good ID.

I wouldn't mind owning all of them.

Jeff

Deus came in a solid 3rd, your safe from that video. It might have you buying a simplex though. It was kinda funny. They did the simplex first and clearly thought the equinox and deus would do much better so kept playing with the settings on them to dial them in better.

Short summary would be "simplex did just as well at 1/3 price in mild ground on coin type targets buried deep. Surprised testers"

It’s a interesting video but I wish someone would tell them we too have coinage in America. I see depth test on coins that I can’t relate .

If a detector like the Equinox 800 can detect any American coins at 12” I’ll be happy. My reasoning behind that is some of the oldest coins I found had a little more than dust over them . Yes I know we find coins deeper but we don’t date back two thousand years making them.

So detector companies if you want to sell your product to me do your testing over here too . If I don’t like how the end result at least I can understand what they saying..

I’ll thank you ahead.

Chuck 

• Like 2

I'm sure videos from the US are coming. It just looks like people in the UK got them a bit quicker. 

Lacky

I’m sure we will in due tell but at my age I need to know what I like best. My reasoning is I need to tell my wife what detector I want in the coffin with me when I go.

Lacky you may not know this but they stop prospectors from coming in the main part of Heaven. It’s just not  because they were digging up the streets but they didn’t cover their holes either. I’m still going to try to sneak in the back door . 

The Best To All!

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was surprised to see that they didn't (apparently) ground balance the Simplex+, or try different settings or modes.

For the other two detectors, they ground balanced and tweaked.  

What's the point in comparing detectors when you don't give them all an equal shot?