7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

"This email is to let you know that you are the winner of the Minelab’s Find of The Month competition for September 2019. Congratulations! We thought your story and finds were great!"

Steve I think that it should have read "Minelab’s Find of The Year"

Glad that they have honored you with their message, but they need to correct their sentence.

Congrats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great find Steve. This detecting caper can be mysterious to say the least. I don't know why but as I was reading your epic tale I had this vision of you sitting on a tailings pile at Moore Creek Alaska with a handful of detected nuggets. Not knowing that in the future 1000's of miles away in a far off country, buried in a country paddock, was a Bronze Age artifact with your name on it.   And at that time relic hunting wasn't even in your game plan. Fate or luck, I tend to go with fate on that one. Everyone in the past working that paddock had missed it,  For some reason. And It was there just awaiting you and you alone. I really enjoy reading your epic tales and the recent one I came across about your early days gold detecting and dredging in Alaska was up there with the best of them. I think my favourite of all time was the recovery  of that stranded dozer on the tundra at Moore Creek. That was indeed a mission of "True Grit and Determination" Actually all the ones about Moore Creek and Gaines creek were great. Are those stories still around somewhere. Would love to read them again. Pretty sure in those days you put them on the Alaska Gold Forum.(Jim Foleys}. About 15 years ago I did make it to Alaska, great country. Drove up from Washington State through Canada with an American friend that wanted me to look at some dredging claims for him, up around  the Circle area. I saved him some money. Well done over by the old timers, then later bucket lines and later dozers etc. Only flood gold left in the top layer. 

Cheers Trev {New Zealand)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Trevor, been awhile. If you like I can merge your new account with your older one. Or are there two Trevors in New Zealand both in this prospecting and detecting game? 

Thank you for the kind words. All my stories past and present are collected and updated at Steve’s Mining Journal. My life has been a grand adventure in many ways - I have truly been blessed in that regard. :smile:

• Like 1

Nope there is only one of me Steve. The world is lucky.  Yep would appreciate that merge. I had a lightening strike take out my modem and laptop a few weeks back. Lost all my links passwords etc. So to save time just joined as a new member. 

Great finds Steve!!! Congrats!!! To me it sounds like you all had lots of fun. I wish I could have joined but went to California for 1 week of detecting and did not find that nugget but had lots of fun too. Just to make sure I don't miss next year's action do you already have the date for next year? I would like to make my vacation plans for 2020.

Great story Steve...Like the others have said we really appreciate hearing your adventures. One of the great things about this hobby is being able to mix it up with hunting for different things That Ax head is a treasure hunters dream for sure...some of the things that would be going through my mind...what did the person look like who forged it? was it the same person who used it? How many people did he kill with it? was he killed in battle using it? just a few things I would be thinking about. Also I was wondering Is that something you would even try to clean up at all ?

strick 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 3:41 PM, phrunt said:

You're now part of a small elite group Steve. 😀 Well done.  

Simon, we beat the Master into the group!