My Last Wooraw In New Mexico

Dan(NM)

After 20 years of hunting in southern NM, it's time for a new adventure in Central Texas. I met up with a couple of fellow hunters, Jimmy from NM and Phil from Az for one last relic hunt. It was a pleasure to meet Phil(Bergie), he is one on the nicest guys you'd want to meet and hunt with.   Jimmy and I have been hunting together for the last 5 years and I couldn't have asked for a better friend and hunting partner.

Turned out to be a great day to hunt, the weather was perfect and the targets were plenty. Everyone scored some nice buttons and relics, I couldn't have asked for a better way to close out my hunting days here in the southwest. I did manage to find a couple of my favorites buttons, a Dragoon and a Kepi along with the usual pre-civil war relics, bullets, percussion caps, epaulette piece and some small buck and ball lead. Jimmy unfortunately had to head out a bit early to tend to some family stuff. I'm sure he and Phil will post their finds later.

The last picture is what I found after Jimmy headed home, the copper coin is from the mid 1800's, it's a Mexican copper 1/4 reale, we have found 8-9 at this location.

My settings

Park - 1
Sens - 24
F2 - 0
Recovery - 3
2- tones
No disc
Tone break set from -9 to +8

Thanks for looking!!

ff4.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

ff1.jpg

ff3.jpg

ff2.jpg

ff5.jpg

• Like 5

VERY nice digs!  Excellent way to say "goodbye" to New Mexico, I'd say,

Thanks for sharing!  Makes me wish for another chance at "my" fort site...

Congrats!

Steve

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steveg said:

VERY nice digs!  Excellent way to say "goodbye" to New Mexico, I'd say,

Thanks for sharing!  Makes me wish for another chance at "my" fort site...

Congrats!

Steve

Thanks Steve,

For a place that everyone had given up on, we have taken a vast amount of relics outta here in the 7 months. I'll miss it for sure, that is until I find a similar place in Texas 🙂

• Like 1

Great finds and I am sure you will fine another great spot in Texas. Keep up the good work and good luck.

• Like 1

Dan- 

Gonna miss your NM posts as they are always a pleasure to view. Looking forward to see what you come up with from the Lone Star state.

• Like 1