First Accessory Coil For The Simplex

28 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I really like your idea Chase.

Thanks.  You seem to really get where I am coming from on this.

It would even be nice to see companies making use of integrated cell phone apps to add features like a crude imaging program, spectrograph etc.

Yes, either that or heads up display glasses that can "paint" the site and tell you where you have already swept the coil (to ID bare spots where you actually did not sweep the coil), the mineralization profile, or where you have gotten target hits as well has being able to display real time target information.  Imagine looking down while you are sweeping the coil and seeing a virtual "X" where the target is. The detection technology is not going to change much but how the detector target information is conveyed to the operator can evolve.  Imagine wireless wearable displays where you can take the control module OFF the stick, hide the battery, and make it literally just a better balanced coil on a stick with a handle and nothing is hanging on your chest or belt (but your pouch, PP, and digger).  You are just wearing sophisticated sunglasses.

I think NM is talented and driven enough to pull that off. 

I agree plus they tend to be better plugged into and "in tune" with the user base than anyone else including ML and XP. 

More to the point, I get the impression that NM is putting out product that detectorists are clamoring for, rather that what THEY want you use.  In other words, NM is providing product that detectorists want to PULL from them, while others tend to PUSH their product to the users.  ML Equinox seemed like a PULL product but Vanquish seems more like a PUSH.

• Like 1

I love the idea of peripherals and add ons. That kind of innovation could really revolutionize how we detect. As a gadget geek I'd be clamoring for that stuff

• Like 1

I agree that VLF has really just about reached its peak in terms of what it can offer us, but when it comes to how the information is conveyed to us, and even machine learning, interaction between the host machine and pinpointer or peripherals we are not even scratching the surface of what could be done via wireless data transfer, glasses, applications, and more. The first company to exploit these methods, enhancing the user experience in this way, is going to advance this hobby into the 21st century. Most of the technology platforms to create this exists. It's now about who will have the vision to forge partnerships to implement them. 

• Like 2

As busy as one might be, not returning a customer’s phone call or email is a very poor busy practice. Business is either too small to care or too big to care. Take your pick. It’s like going to the gold field and not switching on your detector while you hunt. Customers are like gold nuggets. One minute they’re there and the next minute they’re not. So the dealer better have his business detector turned on.

Good Luck Simon!

Can't you just order one from Australia?  On the globe you guys kinda look like neighbors. 

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, but that involves shipping, paying GST Tax twice (once for each country) and also customs duties which are the killer.  Ends up far more expensive than if I could just buy it locally.  It'd be cheaper to buy an Equinox locally than a Simplex from OZ.

Ugh, that is the pits.

Maybe Nokta can come through with some sort of direct sale arrangement in exchange for some additional experienced user exposure by you, Simon, on this forum and in NZ ...hint, hint.  (Hey, it was worth a shot, lol).

Tom I want a thin 8" & 9" concentric coils like this for the Simplex. Sweeps thru the water so nice.

9j.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:44 PM, phrunt said:

As expected the NZ Nokta dealer never returned my email even though email is his recommended point of contact.  He'll just put customers off buying Nokta as it's so difficult to do so. I've had the same experience every time I try buy a Nokta product and just give up.  He's replied to an email once a few weeks after I sent it.

https://atomic79.co.nz/

Time to consider a real dealer Nokta perhaps one of the proper established ones like https://www.dredgenz.co.nz/ that has a retail store and operates like a real business if he's interested in taking Nokta on.

Hello there..can you please do me a favor and contact me at dilek.gonulay@noktadetectors.com as this is a concern for me and the company. Thank you so much!

• Like 2

Seems a bit crazy to run a business without any direct contact number, even if it is a secondary source of income or a home run business.  Quite the opposite here in OZ with Phasetech selling Makro/Nokta detectors, couldn't ask for a better and more knowledgeable person to deal with on sales and after service.

Hopefully Dilek will get you all sorted.