calabash digger

Few 1700s Bottles Today...

Those are some pretty old bottles ,There super cool too

• Like 1

That is pretty rad..............even in UK not may comes out in this condition

Well done!!!

RR

• Like 1

Was this in a pond or stream?  Better than digging them, Nice!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Wow!!! You went from land hunting to scuba. It's a lot of prep work to get into this. I take my hat off to you. 

Congrats on those awesome bottles. 

• Like 1

Really nice finds. With that scuba gear bet you do well just off the wading areas at local swim holes. Should be tons of rings.

• Like 2

Nice work Calabash..saving that history 

strick

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kac
      Hitting some the spots near where I found an old spill can came across this about 7" down. Usually don't dig iron but thoughts of a jar full of old coins crossed my mind.
      Old hunting trap, might do some reverse electrolysis to see if there are any makers markings on it as a clue for a date.  There was a foundation nearby that looked like poured concrete so not sure the period it was made. Building might have been a garage or chicken coupe maybe, hard to tell. Nails around are all square with rounded tops.

• By kac
      Found this one in a patch of woods where I have been finding some old coins. Not sure but looks like what is left of a harmonica, top and bottom seem to be missing and rivits long rusted away. I was able to snag parts of the center which was wood. Not sure why that held up and rest is gone. Maybe the owner had a drinking issue which preserved the inners? 🙂

• By sakochjr
      Can anyone date this? Found on old homesite in Louisiana along the Mississippi River.

• By PseudoShooter
      Hello all
      Found a really nice 1964 Gillette razor buried about eight inches deep on my parent's land in Cape Breton.
      I would love to know how it got there since it was well away from any old foundations and such. Maybe it was discarded out a car window some time ago.
      It is still fully functional so I am having it cleaned and will install the proper handle on it once it arrives.

• By PG-Prospecting
      So got back out to my one nugget producing spot here in VA, this past Saturday.  Four of us in total went I was swinging the GPX4800 with the 15x12 commander mono coil, my buddy was swinging my equinox 800 with stock coil, and my two other friends (the ones who originially found this place), were swing the GPX5000 with a 11 commander DD coil.  
      In total i got 4 nice nuggets for the day, the GPX5000 got 2 and the equinox 800 unfortunately got skunked.  Biggest nugget was 2.3 grams, smallest was 6 grains.  I also got a steel ball that came from a civil war case shot shell.  
      All three detectors ready to go for the next days planned adventure.  

Fording the high creek water to get to the detecting area.  

Collapse mine shaft.  

Case Shot

Case shot second pic

Dirt gold right out of the ground

All cleaned up and purty

On the detectors coil

All the trash dug in the search for gold.  100+ pieces.  

I got some good video footage so i should have a video up in the next few days.
    • By Westy27
      Hi All,
      Had a quick hunt today at an old home site. Currently a grassed park, there was a house on the site in the 1950's. I targeted the area that looked like a couple of clotheslines in the aerial. The aerial isn't of great quality so difficult to confirm. I ended up finding a couple of old lipstick tubes in the area which makes me think there may have been a couple of upturned pockets in the area (i.e. a clothesline or two). Unfortunately no coins or anything else of value...
      I'll be heading back there when I have grown my confidence with the machine.
      Cheers all
      Rob