I'm getting only about 5-6" inches ,depth with on sensitivity setting of 15.  And when my wife or I run a hand down the coil the machine detects it and sounds off. Also,,can't say I'm a big fan of the teardrop coil can't came with it,is there a coil of close to the same size that would perform better??

Hi

F44 depth can vary depending on soil mineralization and EMI levels along with accurate ground balance. With the teardrop elliptical or 8” round concentric coils air tests of 8” to 10” max sensitivity are normal. Air test at 15 sensitivity should be 6” to 8” or so if you are testing outside in low EMI.  In ground testing on established targets should be about the same in artifact, jewelry and all metal modes. 

Hands can create responses. Check coil connections too.

I am not a fan of the teardrop coil either. I like the 8” round concentric, the 10x6 elliptical and the Detech Ultimate coil. 

The F44/Land Ranger Pro is not known for depth results that exceed the width dimensions of the coil. 

Jeff

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Hi

F44 depth can vary depending on soil mineralization and EMI levels along with accurate ground balance. With the teardrop elliptical or 8” round concentric coils air tests of 8” to 10” max sensitivity are normal. Air test at 15 sensitivity should be 6” to 8” or so if you are testing outside in low EMI.  In ground testing on established targets should be about the same in artifact, jewelry and all metal modes. 

Hands can create responses. Check coil connections too.

I am not a fan of the teardrop coil either. I like the 8” round concentric, the 10x6 elliptical and the Detech Ultimate coil. 

The F44/Land Ranger Pro is not known for depth results that exceed the width dimensions of the coil. 

Jeff

Thank you for your response Jeff!

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The depth would be normal for my ground, and coils can detect your hand. The human body is weakly conductive. It’s actually a sign of a sensitive detector.

fisher-teknetics-coicompatibility-chart-2018.jpg

Than you for your response Steve!