Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Fisher & Teknetics Coil Compatibility Chart

fisher-teknetics-coicompatibility-chart-2018.jpg
Fisher / Teknetics 2018 Coil Compatibility Chart

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that. I would have thought the T2 and F75 would have used same coils, guess not.

Nope, T2 is weird with coils.  Thanks for the chart, very handy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Thanks for that. I would have thought the T2 and F75 would have used same coils, guess not.

The T2 is not compatible with any concentric coils and has different "front end" electronics and discrimination circuits than the F75 which makes it electrically incompatible with even the F75 DD coils.  The F75 was an "offshoot design" from the T2 designed to be compatible with concentrics to accommodate coinshooters vs. the relic and gold hunters that the T2 was primarily designed for.

In addition to Steve's excellent article on the T2, here is a good summary article on the difference between the two detectors with quotes from the Dave Johnson who designed both machines:

https://www.hollandsbrook.com/blog/fisher-f75-vs-f75-ltd-vs-teknetics-t2-vs-t2-ltd/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good link, thanks.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the F19 will use the GREEK series coils like the F44, Gold Bug Pro, Eurotek Pro, Gamma, Omega etc. ?

• Like 1

yes, it will be okay .. F19/G2+ and these coils are compatible between these detectors ..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

I'm pretty sure that the F19 will use the GREEK series coils like the F44, Gold Bug Pro, Eurotek Pro, Gamma, Omega etc. ?

I don't know about F44 coil compatibility.  The concentric Greek Series coils will not, in general, work on the Gold Bug family of detectors.  There have been reports of occasionally those working, though.  I tried a Greek Series concentric on my GB-Pro and it worked for a few minutes but not after that.

• Like 1

Concentric coils of the Greek series will not work on F19 / G2 + - because these detectors are designed to work with DD coils only ..

That was it. I knew they would work in some cases. It was the Concentric verse DD that I had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      Now that Coils are being made for the GPZ with more and more coils becoming available it's time the discussion came up as to what size coils for the GPZ people would really like to own. 
      What sizes of coil would you like to be swinging?
    • By microsniper
      Hey all, I just found my coil connection sheared off at the control housing. (oops, and bad timing as I was just headed out!)  Luckily no damage to the control housing connection but the other end was bent and broken right off... 
      I sent some photos to minelab to asses if they will fix it or not but still waiting.    I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to buy this connector anywhere?    If minelab wont fix it then I will end up splicing one on myself and hope for the best (minus the water tightness of course) .   Any help would be so appreciated!  

• By rasheede11
      what is the best
      Coil use gpx4500 for
      Small nuggets weighing 0.2 g or 0.4 g
      Elite or N Finder Nuggets
      And circular or elliptical shape

• By auminesweeper
      In order to make finds some of the things I have done have gone against all the things that we know what not to do and although I know they are wrong where people would find rare coins etc once every 2 or 3 years on one such site I started pulling 6 or 7 per week, But I know I am wrong in the terms of correct deployment of such things, But I have the finds and I am still not sure what to think of that,
      I have seen every thing from BBS, FBS to XP machines being deployed with small coils to sift through the junk and still they find nothing in such heavily junk filled sites, So I thought about it and decided to do the total opposite to what every one else is doing and knows to be correct, So I fitted the biggest coil I had 12" concentric in my case and set the Disc on "3" which is a bit too high and the finds came thick and fast, Seeing deeper gave me the edge and at the time I thought it was laughable and amusing, But the more I did it the more it made sense, People see me there and the look on their face is priceless, A 12 inch concentric in a junk filled site this must look like that this is my first time detecting,
      I know the limits of the machine so now I have to be inventive, because the biggest coil I have seen there is a 10DD on an FBS/BBS machines, well because of the recovery speed, that gave me one edge and over machines like the XP the bigger concentric gave me another edge, I know it is a crazy thing to do but it works and so far I have never found less than 3 Ancient coins and many from the 1800s plus Gold jewellery  and junk jewellery etc and not once have I ever gone home empty handed, So until I have gone over all my sites then they will not be hunted out but the added bonus is they get ploughed every year and so the cycle begins again,
      I figure this is place is good for at leased another 4 or 5 years and then there is still my old patches to detect, In the Prospecting world doing this might only work for a year or two, But it will work because desperate times calls for desperate measures and this type of madness seems to fill in the gaps while we are waiting for the next Innovation to come along, If some of you are lacking the drive about detecting some area's I would urge folks to try it because you only have every thing to gain.
      Good luck,  john
    • By goldbrick
      I have an addiction. I am a coil junky. I have 13 coils for my GPX 4500 alone! I feel kind of stupid putting that in print for everyone to read but each purchase seemed to make sense at the time or I at least thought I could some how justify it because of increased gold production due to that specific coil.   Since I purchased a Makro Gold Racer Pro Pack I am now casting about for reasons to sate my addiction with a couple new accessory coils for the GR. Specifically the 5.5x10" concentric and the 13x15" DD. I have my ideas how each of these coils will be beneficial to me but I would like to hear what you guys think these coils offer in the way of advantages. Lets hear all the reasons you can think of for any detecting genre be it prospecting,relic,coin,jewelry,beach etc.,etc....
      Thanks,
      Merton

• By Hard Prospector
      I'm want to buy some NEL coils and am looking for recommendations for online retailers. Thanks.......Rob