Fisher & Teknetics Coil Compatibility Chart

Phrunt, thank you very much for your response.

I am looking into the Omega as I already have the Thunder & other coils for my G2. So I am already ahead on that., as I hunt mostly open country. And the big coils help. Not looking for small jewlery. 

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 4:03 AM, Minero said:

Phrunt, thank you very much for your response.

I am looking into the Omega as I already have the Thunder & other coils for my G2. So I am already ahead on that., as I hunt mostly open country. And the big coils help. Not looking for small jewlery. 

Cheers

Adrian

Dunno if you are in the US, but Metaldetecor.com has a smoking deal on an Omega 8500 with DD coil, small concentric and a Tek pinpointer, all for less than $400, FWIW.  Couldn't resist since I have the G2+ as well and several accessory coils.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Dunno if you are in the US, but Metaldetecor.com has a smoking deal on an Omega 8500 with DD coil, small concentric and a Tek pinpointer, all for less than $400, FWIW.  Couldn't resist since I have the G2+ as well and several accessory coils.

No, I am in México, but can have it shipped to McAllen Tx or El Paso Tx, have family there, that can hold it for me, till I go visit, and yes that is a smoking deal, too bad right now Christmas has my wallet and credit cards trembling! jejeje, hope they have it by februrary/march.

• 3 months later...

As far as compatibility between  the F19/G2 @ 19kHz and the Greek Tek series @7.69kHz that seems a big jump to be optimal.

What I am trying to figure out is what 10" DD & 5"DD will work best on my new to me F5 @ 7.69kHz.

32 minutes ago, JCR said:

As far as compatibility between  the F19/G2 @ 19kHz and the Greek Tek series @7.69kHz that seems a big jump to be optimal.

What I am trying to figure out is what 10" DD & 5"DD will work best on my new to me F5 @ 7.69kHz.

Serious Detecting sells a lot of metal detecting products and has a good reputation.  (I buy from Gerry if he has the products I'm looking for; otherwise the internet sellers are on my radar, and Serious Detecting is always a good place to start.)  I did a search there and here's what came up.

Which coil(s) do you already have for your F5?  When you say you want a 5" DD and a 10" DD, are you talking round or elliptical?

Trust manufacturers (and reputable dealers) when it comes to compatibility.  If you read on a forum (even this one) that a certain coil is compatible on a certain detector and that information isn't consistent (i.e. can't be confirmed) by either the manufacturer or a dealer such as Serious Detecting, be wary.  "Works" is one thing.  "Works optimally" is a whole different qualification.

I purchased the F5 used with the stock 10" elliptical concentric coil. I would like to get a 10" elliptical DD to go with it and also the 5" round DD. Used would be fine. I just question a used coil off a First Texas 19 kHz unit. I know I can purchase new coils from Teknetics for the Greek series or from Nel.

31 minutes ago, JCR said:

I purchased the F5 used with the stock 10" elliptical concentric coil. I would like to get a 10" elliptical DD to go with it and also the 5" round DD. Used would be fine. I just question a used coil off a First Texas 19 kHz unit. I know I can purchase new coils from Teknetics for the Greek series or from Nel.

I have never owned or used an Fisher F5. I have owned a Fisher F44, F19, Gold Bug Pro, Teknetics G2+, Teknetics Eurotek Pro and a Teknetics Omega 8000. I was able to swap any First Texas Products DD coil that came with those models between those detectors with no problems. The compatibility chart does show that F5 and F19 stock 5" and 10" DD coils are compatible. That chart is not complete as far as compatibility between Teknectics and Fisher detectors for some strange reason. I have also swapped after market Nel and Cors DD coils between these detectors with no problems. 

Just my experiences, not necessarily foolproof.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JCR said:

I just question a used coil off a First Texas 19 kHz unit.

The Serious Detecting search results (which I linked) tell you which coils work cross platform.  You can use that as a guide when buying used coils.  My warning certainly applies to claims by used coil sellers, though.  Just because they claim a coil works on a certain detector doesn't mean it works optimally.  For example, I've seen claims that certain Teknetics concentrics will work on the Fisher Gold Bug family.  The design engineers of those -- Dave Johnson and Jorge Saad -- disagree.

That's where the Fisher chart (which as Jeff notes is incomplete/conservative when it comes to putting Teknetics coils on Fisher detectors and vice-versa) and the Serious Detecting ads provide reliable information.

• Like 2