I Want An 8" & 9" Concentric Coils Like This For The Simplex

I think you would like a coil like this on your Simplex Tom. Very thin. Sweeps thru the water incredible.

9j.jpg

• Like 3

When it came to low profile could Tesoro was hard to beat, though the old White’s 950 was in the same class. For some reason nobody wants to make them thin these days.

As I have found with Bigfoot coils sometimes you have to get the detector that runs the coil you want. I was really thinking I could get Nokta/Makro to make a Cleansweep style DD coil at the least, but no go unfortunately.

tesoro-cleansweep-coil-closeup.jpg

• Thanks 1

When people starting saying they want a big food coil. Nokta will make it. Look at the concentric coils they made for there other detectors.

I sent that picture of the Tesoro 8" concentric coil to Nokta/Makro. I hope they make one.

17 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

When people starting saying they want a big foot coil. Nokta will make it. Look at the concentric coils they made for there other detectors.

People have been saying it for over two years now Rick, including some rather in depth emails from me to NokMak over two years ago with details and specifications. So no, I’m not holding my breath there.

The actual BigFoot coil has to have been hand made so far so I understand that, but the Cleansweep DD anyone should be able to make no problem. Why NEL or anyone else refuses to take a stab at it does puzzle me. I would love to see a Nokta/Makro “Jewelry Sweeper Pro” which would basically be a Racer 2 with a Cleansweep as stock coil. We have all sorts of detectors but nobody yet has really marketed something specifically targeting dry land jewelry hunters. That market belongs still to the White’s DFX/V3i with Bigfoot or Tesoro Golden uMax with Cleansweep.

The reality is probably so few people even know coils like this have existed and just how potent they can be in certain tasks that there is no demand and therefore no genuine interest. Everyone wants depth, depth, depth, but there is a reason these type coils often got banned at competitive hunts. Ground coverage often is the best strategy, not depth. You just can’t beat these coil for covering ground fast cleaning up shallower targets. Perfect especially for hitting very large areas looking for recent drops.

Ah well, time to let it go I suppose. Maybe it’s better I have mine and few others do - seems like I am always advocating for competition for myself! :smile:

• Like 2

I'd love to see them make a 4 x 18 coil.  I had a Tesoro unit years ago, what a freaking clad broom.  Should have kept it but I missed having a TID readout.  If N/M made one for the Simplex, how many more Simplex's would they sell just for that coil?  I bet a ton.  

To make it submersible, that tesoro coil would need to be filled with epoxy which would make it significantly heavier. What's wrong with the existing 7" concentric Nokta/Makro already have? 

7 concentric.JPG

That Tesoro 8" concentric coil is submersible. I take it out in the water all the time. It is so thin it sweep thru the water so easy. Nothing wrong with that Nokta 7" concentric coil which I will probably be using.. I just like that thin Tesoro coil in the water.

11 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

That Tesoro 8" concentric coil is submersible. I take it out in the water all the time. It is so thin it sweep thru the water so easy. Nothing wrong with that Nokta 7" concentric coil which I will probably be using.. I just like that thin Tesoro coil in the water.

I do not believe (please correct me if I am wrong) Nokta has confirmed that legacy Nok/Mak coils designed for the Kruzer/Anfibio series like the 7" concentric referenced here will be compatible with the Simplex.  A recent Dilek post indicated that Nokta is releasing some dedicated Simplex compatible accessory coils including a few smaller than the stock Simplex coil and one additional larger coil, but beyond that details (e,g. concentric vs. DD and explicit sizing) are lacking as they are still under development.  I would expect a smaller concentric would likely be offered, based on Nokta's track record of previous releases.  Making the Simplex compatible with the legacy coil line would be ideal.  But if that was the case, I would have thought Nokta would have announced that as a selling point and also why then, would Nokta be developing additional Simplex coils as I would have thought the legacy line covered most of the bases?

• Like 2