Deeper Rich Deposits

Hello everyone ..

I wonder if there anyone who uses a 3D metal detector to locate gold deposits @ around 15 to 20 feet deep... 

I have heard of larger nuggets of 1 and 2 pounds in size and gold deposits with 300 grams in a bucket of dirt being found in the river banks. 

Could a GPX with the New 30" coil   could reach a 1 or. 2 pound nugget  @ 4 feet deep... 

Im not interested in the finer gold just the bigger nuggets or a large concentrate of gold ..

6 hours ago, principedeleon said:

Hello everyone ..

I wonder if there anyone who uses a 3D metal detector to locate gold deposits @ around 15 to 20 feet deep... 

I have heard of larger nuggets of 1 and 2 pounds in size and gold deposits with 300 grams in a bucket of dirt being found in the river banks. 

Could a GPX with the New 30" coil   could reach a 1 or. 2 pound nugget  @ 4 feet deep... 

Im not interested in the finer gold just the bigger nuggets or a large concentrate of gold ..

I'm not an expert on the GPX but I'm guessing 4 feet would be a challenge. I would say it would depend on how hot your soil is and what timings would be possible to use in that ground. The timings are everything for my deep silver coin hunting and I can fairly, regularly find an American silver dime up to 18 inches (45.72 CM). If you could use the deepest timings then maybe. I'm thinking the gold guys may have a more refined answer for you. Just my two cents on depth in my type of hunting. EMI would play a huge part in it too. You would have to have almost no warble from EMI, otherwise that faint signal would be buried in the warble

I have seen helicopters with large coils around here looking for gold.  . 

These same large coil these 3D Metal detectors use .. 

IDK if those could be a magnetometor which they could see the depth of bedrock and mineralization of layers. 

Over here theres very little shallow deposits. . 

Most shallow deposits here are associated with Hot Rocks and Lots of them ..

But finding these mountain areas isnt easyy.  . unless maybe a drone with a magnetometer can locate these shallow high mineralized areas.  . 

I dont have a clue about gold detecting or infact anything about hunting for gold in its original form out the ground as we dont in theory have any natural gold as such in the UK.

But folks who have vast amount of knowledge who are on this forum i would think would tend to keep all the information that they haave learnt over the years and decades close to ones chest as they say.They will mention the odd bit of information but they dont usually go into great depth and give more specific nugget hunting secrets away.

Of course i could be wrong !!

• Like 1

There is something that is going on apart from them cheap metal detectors is always posted here.. 

Here where i live there have been various helicopeters flying around these large square coils. So there is something going on they probably dont want us to know And i see veryy little information on this. 

Metal detectors do not detect weight, they detect size, and even a two pound nugget is not a very large target. Concentrations of gold are not directly detectable as detectors see each item as a separate object... you need electrical continuity. I won’t say depths exceeding three feet are impossible but close enough. Everybody wants to go out and dig large nuggets several feet deep. The best proven technology for doing that is a GPZ 7000 or GPX 5000 with large coils. You know, those “cheap” metal detectors that people post about here. Waste all the money you want, you won’t find better tools for the job. There are plenty of people offering very expensive equipment who prey on those who wish otherwise.

After that you are into the realm of “large object” detecting.

Helicopters flying around detecting nuggets is a fantasy. They are using indirect methods to find the gold. It’s called geophysical prospecting.

HANDBOOK OF GEOPHYSICAL PROSPECTING METHODS FOR THE ALASKAN PROSPECTOR

• Like 6

On 10/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, principedeleon said:

This is one of the more hilarious statements I have ever seen on any gold forum. Just had to say that. (not trying to be a smart-ass, but that is the reason everyone is here).

• Haha 1

Okay.. Thanks Steve .. so lets say i get a GPX with one of the largest coils 

Lets say the 40" coiltek or the 32" detech or a 25" NF DD coil.

Could i build something to scrap away overburden like a scraper bucket with a winch or a hydraulic nozzle .. The overburden is just clay over the pay layer most of the times. 

I have trouble here finding shallow deposits and i like the use of a metal detectorss and there is good gold in the hills. .