Latest Thoughts On X Coils

Norvic

I have just come out of a magic winter season with the 10,12,15 X coils, I have not used my ML14 or 19 since putting them on. The X coils have made the Magic GPZ7000 a super magic detector. No teething problems, make patch lead, fit and dig gold. How good is that??? Can only say it doesn`t get any better...……...or does it. What will the X coils evolve into ????????? 

I have no connection to X coil, or to Davsgold except as a customer, top coils, top service and express freight.

• Like 4

Loving the 10" x-coil. Went out recently and got 3 targets so called over my mate to see if he could hear them with his 5000 (14x9 and 12 evo) Not a sound. Couldnt believe how much dirt we had to remove before he picked them up. The 10" is a killer on small stuff at depth that the gpz14 wont hear also. I too am amazed at Lucky strikes comments to me that an anouncement is iminent. Months have gone buy and nothing. 

• Like 2

Yeah I have used the 10 xcoil pretty much the entire season.  Amazing coil all be it quite noisy and touch sensitive but able to use it in Normal and Manual ground balance the depth this thing can get sub grammers is almost beyond belief and just its size to be able to get places basically make the SDC redundant.  Cannot imagine the 10 coming off unless on open ground or fires burn out some grass.

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, Jin said:

Loving the 10" x-coil. Went out recently and got 3 targets so called over my mate to see if he could hear them with his 5000 (14x9 and 12 evo) Not a sound. Couldnt believe how much dirt we had to remove before he picked them up. The 10" is a killer on small stuff at depth that the gpz14 wont hear also. I too am amazed at Lucky strikes comments to me that an anouncement is iminent. Months have gone buy and nothing. 

yes. I still love the 10" coil.  It is sort of my skunk buster.  Before, after a few skunks, I would go back and remove some dirt and then run the GM1000 to clean up bits.   But I found that unless it is on bedrock, the 10" Xcoil gets me more tiny gold without having to remove as much overburden.  Actually, I call it my SDC coil as it is the closest thing I have to it.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2019 at 1:38 AM, phrunt said:

I am forever going to use that as an excuse as to why JW finds so much more gold than me 🙂

I also know it to be true, JW's 10" X-coil is going deeper on the dinks than his stock 14" GPZ coil, that's why he's found gold in flogged ground that was missed before.  It really adds some depth to the smaller bits.

Where is he?  Isn't his probation over?  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How are the X coils on hot rocks to you guys using it on the GPZ? Are you digging 2-3 foot holes to find a hot rock?

Thanks,

Dave

Hot rocks, nah not 2-3 feet, 6 inches yes, the 10" conventional wound seems to be the most sensitive to hot rocks but that is norm for a small coil which is extremely sensitive to gold as well, some pieces of such smallness and depth it is mind blowing to see. But Davegolds on the money with his Hot Rocks...…….they are remarkable producing coils.

I saw the 17 inch X Coil in action on Thursday and Friday at Rye Patch.  The operator didn't really experience hot rocks as much as deep trash that would be missed by the 14.  We had a test area where I had found a couple of .7g nuggets using his max settings.  I was there for a couple of hours on Wednesday afternoon.  I dug down 8" which is deep for me on a nugget.

The next day (about 6 hours total) he went back over my area which had been gone over numerous times before me and he found 2 additional nuggets.  One was at 10" about the size of my nuggets and another nugget was smaller.  He also found some deep copper/tin pieces and other things I had not tried to dig the day before.

Neither of us was much bothered by hot rocks in that area.  He has no plans to go back to the 14!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I saw the 17 inch X Coil in action on Thursday and Friday at Rye Patch. 

Was this Chet using the 17?