Frustration Of One Piece Patches

I hit a beautiful soft signal in the middle of an exposed gravel bar down on the american river. the deeper I got the better it was sounding, the only problem I had was getting below the water line and as I get deeper the hole was filling faster with water and I could not really see what I'm digging in. long dig story short I found a large chunk of old iron tiller/ripper tooth that came from some old equipment, sadly not gold.

post-618-0-69093300-1436151204_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I tried to get my wife to do the digging but she won't dig...she would rather supervise...

fred

Well The best way to get her to do the digging is to Start and keep making a mess of it and they get the ump with ya and take over, But don't ask her how she did it coz she will start giving you lessons, Next minute ya on ya Own, doing the digging.

Huh,, and they said Romance is Dead  :wub:    I still got it after all these years,. :D

• Like 2

Frustration is right, I found a 35g nugget in a particular area and am still to find even the tiniest of its compadres. I swear one day I will go back there to seek and destroy, that is I will do my best to find some of its mates.

• Like 1

I am methodically visiting all past one piece patches of the past, some success two broken down reefs so far, only numerous small pieces but financially viable, that were beyond the GPZs forerunners. But I believe a method of sniffing out further one piece patches is just a matter of changing tactics to make them financially viable, seems they don`t shed into the creek systems, thus are geologically more recent. The quartz they are associated with is not the buck white quartz that litters our ridges but amongst those are the more ironstone enriched small leaders. They seem to run at 90 deg to the main fault lines and produce at the intersections, they are not mapped except on old sketch maps from the late 1800s govt geologists.

The indicator to these are so far eluding me, to narrow down the time required to find. Gold being the best indicator to further finds has been the main indicator of past, but these one piece patches must be found without having to scan all quartz littered areas completely, must be a answer to this challenge.

• Like 3

From a few years back, got this piece in an area littered with ironstone-quartz on surface. But despite extensive search nothing more, came in a little over 8 ozs, about 2 inches deep could have got with a Tandy Special.

post-625-0-03224900-1436593106_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

From a few years back, got this piece in an area littered with ironstone-quartz on surface. But despite extensive search nothing more, came in a little over 8 ozs, about 2 inches deep could have got with a Tandy Special.

attachicon.gif056.jpg

Struth Mate, thats A Lovely Little Door stop.

Thanks for posting it,, John

I`ll have to take a photo next time I`m in that area, the ground just makes you drool, but that was it and I`m fairly sure it had not been visited by a detector before me, probably none since even. Wolfram, Molybdenite and Bismuth country.

• Like 1

I`ll have to take a photo next time I`m in that area, the ground just makes you drool, but that was it and I`m fairly sure it had not been visited by a detector before me, probably none since even. Wolfram, Molybdenite and Bismuth country.

I think I'm turning GREEN, And NO I am Not The HULK or Kermit.

I got one of them Tandy 4003's and my Son has the next one down from it, If you send me that nugget I will do some Extensive testing for ya, I hate to see a Mate Struggle on His Own,

Geeze I'm Thoughtful. Kind, And I got some Good Points Too.

lol.

Nuggets on the way via Cobb & Co. :rolleyes:

• Like 1