Coil Problem With First Simplex Units

A coil issue has been found in the first U.K. deliveries of the Simplex. Some, not all, detectors have exhibited false signals after the coil gets wet. Existing customers that experience the problem can get the coil replaced. Nokta/Makro has identified the cause and is purging the bad coils from the supply line. This may result in delivery delays as the situation is being addressed. As far as I know no U.S. deliveries have been made yet, and this may delay those deliveries for those with orders already in place.

Proving once again that waiting a bit is not a bad idea when new detectors come out.

nokta-makro-simplex-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds great. Mine is on order. Tom (Jack Pine) backed off getting one right now because of that problem. I guess I'm the lucky who has one ordered 😁.

Hello all.... yes we had some coil issues and we acknowledged it publicly and sent an email to distributors as well. Copying and pasting my post from the UK user group:

IMPORTANT!

Dear Valued Customers,

As some of you may / may not know, we have experienced an issue with some of the coils in the UK.

The problem reported by users was falsing on wet vegetation or over sensitivity to high stubbles.

This has alarmed us to look into the issue but the failure not occurring with all the coils and being limited to a percentage of them, has actually made it harder for the quality department to find the underlying cause.

After literally working day and night and analyzing each coil material, they found out that the issue was due to one of the materials used in the coil from the supplier not being within the tolerance limits.

A high percentage of the coils pass the tests and work fine but as of Friday night, we stopped production and shipments and dumped all coils.

As much as this sounds upsetting and disappointing, we are actually happy to catch this at an early stage and make the right move.

As Simplex+ is an unrivalled product with its performance-price value, we do not want to jeopardize this by even letting a further small percentage of customers experience any issues.

And more importantly, we are ready to take this hit on our end rather than letting any of our valued end users be a part of this.

The new material is received and we are planning to resume shipments as early as next week.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused but we believe that our valued customers will appreciate our honesty and hard work and putting customer satisfaction before our commercial gains.

Please note that only a portion of the coils are affected by this. If you are experiencing no falsing in wet grass or high stubbles other than a minor chirping sometimes, please do not contact us panicking and please help us to replace those that are determined to be faulty and resume our regular shipping schedule.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Dilek

• Like 3

With the high gain nature of the typical NokMak detector I’m sure it’s a tough venture maintaining tolerances while producing detectors at the price point of the Simplex.   Theres a reason why  most entry level detectors are “dumbed down” super stable beepers.  

Sorry to hear of manufacturing problems with the new launch.  Really interested in how the new Simplex will compare with my MKruzer. Dilek is an awesome assett for MakNok and rest assured she will be on the ball with handling any initial “problems” they may experience in releasing such a full featured product at this low of a price point.  

If you have need of any “amateur” testers that are familiar with your previous machines, please let me know.  Would love to put the new Simplex through its paces alongside its big brother the MKRUZER!!!!  

• Like 1

Without Dilek, I am not so sure Nokta/Makro would be so appealing. Her dedication to the customer base is nothing short of amazing. Think of all the detectors they have sold, and how many times we have seen her take time to make contact with the customers. I sure hope they realize the contribution she makes to the company and building a bridge to the customers.

Without such dedication Nokta/Makro would just be another company with something to sell..

• Like 4

Garrett had a similar problem when they came out with their ATPro 's  years ago.  Some kind of coil shielding issue. 

It can happen to the best of them.  I like how N/M come right out and admit it/ and correct it.  Good Job.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 12:02 AM, Redneck said:

Garrett had a similar problem when they came out with their ATPro 's  years ago.  Some kind of coil shielding issue. 

It can happen to the best of them.  I like how N/M come right out and admit it/ and correct it.  Good Job.

Yes, being transparent like that is ALWAYS the best way to deal with any kind of issue. That kind of honesty is what it takes to earn people's respect. We live in a world of mass production and there is no way we can expect every piece that comes off an assembly line to be free of a defect. In this case, they didn't try to keep it quiet, the truth was told.

I really feel that people can look over an issue if they know the company is not too proud or arrogant to admit there IS a problem. Again, this instills a lot of confidence in the consumer, knowing the issue will be corrected. Top notch.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm having an issue. Only received my Simplex + 2 weeks ago. Started having some static yesterday. Thought it was from a low battery. Brought it home to charge it, and the display started blinking. It wouldn't turn on. While playing around with it today, I discovered that it will only turn on if its plugged into the charger with the search head disconnected. Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. In desperate