Nice find on the KG.  That ship pin could very well be just as old.

• Like 1

Nice finds That pin is  neat but I have no idea what year that in  is from maybe mid 1800s late 1800s or early 1900 I honestly have no idea  ?

Your doing well lately Kac, I enjoy your posts, keep it up 🙂

I usually have to look up what your coins are, this one seems a particularly good find.

The pin is probably not that old, stamped and had some plating on it, brass with copper and finish plate. Curious if it was a give away from the Ironsides in Boston. Think they did a lot of promotional stuff in 76. The musketball was pretty deep 12" or so and was in a dried swampy section. For some reason I couldn't gb the machine well there, was just out of range and everything was hot.

For the coins I have been going to different areas that are close by so coins I find aren't all from the same patch of woods or fields. Just take my time and pick through. Slow pace seems to be paying off because these grounds get hit really hard by a lot of people.

The other coin that it could be is an Irish Woods Hibernia which would put it back to the 1720's. Just too beat up to really tell but still a fun find.

Thanks

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By devilsrenegade
      1903 indians pocket spill from the old transient camps along the river with my mxt and 10 x 5 detech coil. They must been very close together because vdi came up 74, l was expecting modern firearm brass and was very surprised when the first indian popped out, a quick check of the hole and still a signal , another one emerged from the semi frozen ground. I had the mxt in relic mode, discrimination at 3.  Also recovered some clad and cheap jewelry  and the usual .22 brass and bullets and junk. The last image is of remnants of RR track that used to run through the area.

• By RobNC
      It was too cold yesterday to detect and the wind was blowing too. Today was different! So out we go (me and my wife) to a new elementary school. I used my trusty T2SE with the Cors Shrew. The conditions were for lack of a better word- weird. Coins were coming in much different than how they usually do on the ID. This is one of those areas where the dirt is red and filled with the golden sparkle flakes everywhere. Well onto the meat and potatoes. I found some clad quarters, dimes, a nickel and crusty pennies. Ran over the entire chip bark lot and had just told my wife "It's time to get the ORX out and sweep up". Right at that moment i got a quarter signal and out pops this pretty shiny coin at 7" in the chip and red clay. It is a 1953 Canadian Silver 25 cent piece. It looks rather worn to me and is my first Canadian Silver. I was very excited to get that. Question is, HOW did it get here in the states on a playground?  I have a feeling some kid raided a coin collection and wanted to ditch the evidence maybe.  After that find the ORX was deployed and found another 2 quarters a couple more dimes, a nickel and more pennies. Oh yeah, also found a "Chuck E Cheese" token. First token I've dug.
      First and second picture is the silver coin. Last pic is the crusty clad haul. The silver was already sort of scratched looking on the face when found.
      So in all today, the 1953 silver canadian, 7 clad quarters, 10 clad dimes, 2 nickels, 14 clad pennies. I threw some corroded pennies away because they had edges that was ragged. Pleased with today's silver and will not complain about coinstar clad!

• By dsrtdwg1
      I have been hunting an old desert SP stop that is heavy alkali , so heavy that the top of the ground is a white salt crust. The park 1 and beach 1 settings have produced the most favorable results for me and at this point seem equal. The sensitivity level I run varies as chatter annoys me. The settings I have been using are 50 tone, Iron ON with volume set at 1, 0 iron bias and recovery at 6. There is a lot of garbage in the ground. I recall Brian Cal-Cobra posting about hunting in similar conditions and am interested in his take (as well as others) on setting choices. The Morgans and the lock came out of the worst of the alkali mud and were completely encrusted. All three were good dig signals but none deeper than 6 inches.

• By MidTN
      Found this magician coin back in the fall of 2018, and wanted to share.  Has a merc dime on one side and a wheat penny on the other. Still learning the MX Sport. Found it near a baseball field so I'm guessing some kid lost his dads coin. Would this qualify as my first silver or half silver?
    • By RobNC
      I went back to the place where I found a silver rosie, merc, and quarter.
      Today I found a 1964 Rosie. Was down 7.5 inches and the ORX hit it. This is the first silver the ORX has gotten for me. Audio was faint and registered on the ID as 96. I also found 2 1990's nickels, an unreadable clad dime, a penny, decaying rifle cartridge, a button of some sort, and lots of aluminum pieces not shown in photo.  While detecting I noticed the mineralization scale on the ORX was going up sometimes 6 bars, and varied a lot. Tough site with iron too. It's amazing to me how silver coins for the most part clean up really nice. I simply used some baking soda on this one with a drop or two of water and rubbed it between my fingers.
      Happy Hunting