Possible King George

Finally got a break in the weather and hit an old field with my tejon that I actually got the 10x12 widescan for. This place has been hit really really hard by a lot of people but I did manage to sniff out what looks like a King George. Not sure on the date, have to be careful with it. Might just leave as is. Also in the mix is an old 50 cal musket ball couple copper lincoln and a ship pin.

IMG_0822.jpg

• Like 8

The pin is probably not that old, stamped and had some plating on it, brass with copper and finish plate. Curious if it was a give away from the Ironsides in Boston. Think they did a lot of promotional stuff in 76. The musketball was pretty deep 12" or so and was in a dried swampy section. For some reason I couldn't gb the machine well there, was just out of range and everything was hot.

For the coins I have been going to different areas that are close by so coins I find aren't all from the same patch of woods or fields. Just take my time and pick through. Slow pace seems to be paying off because these grounds get hit really hard by a lot of people.

The other coin that it could be is an Irish Woods Hibernia which would put it back to the 1720's. Just too beat up to really tell but still a fun find.

Thanks

• Like 1