Digging Tools

Simon, 

Your shovel is listed under "Nursery  Landscaping  Tools" on their site!   How the heck did you end up there, to get a "detecting" shovel??? 🤯 

My  "Ball Handle" is right next to it! But i got mine from a detecting site!!

"Inquiring minds want to know"😁👍

Ah yes, i remember reading that now!  Interesting that they found them as a supplier! 

Thanks!

Go find us some more silver now!! "Surfer"   (and nuggets)!👍👍

• 1 month later...

Wow, that would be frustrating.  Looks like UPS left it sit in New York for four weeks.  That's just unacceptable.  Priority Mail is supposed to be one of their quicker services and usually is domestically.

At least it's finally at the Newark airport.  That's a big hub for UPS international.

Who knows how many stops it will make on the way to you, but at least it's moving.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, phrunt said:

Is Postal Product: Priority Mail International Parcels a good service or is it a super slow one?

On 6/28/2020 at 10:37 PM, CmonNow said:

Looks like UPS left it sit in New York for four weeks.

Actually "Priority Mail International Parcels" are part of the United States Postal Service (USPS), not United Parcel Service (UPS).  Two very different companies but easy to mix up.

Here is what a Google Search says (directed to USPS site😞

Priority Mail International® service is a reliable, cost-effective way to send documents and merchandise to more than 190 countries. Priority Mail International offers outstanding value and is priced lower than our competition's published rates for international shipping.

• Average business day delivery of 6 to 10 days. (Average number of days may vary based upon origin and destination.

Simon, you may have suffered from the pandemic side effects or maybe just from poor service.  I had a package make it to my local post office (meaning all they had to do was load it into the delivery vehicle to get to my house) and it sat there 4 days.  Unfortunately these kinds of things happen, and although there is typically no (legitimate!) excuse for it, I also think there isn't much you can do.

Postscript:  actually I didn't put the sad face emoji in this post but apparently the detectorprospector.com website editor did it for me, and appropriately.  It's a lot smarter than I thought!  Steve, maybe there's a new revenue source -- very intelligent editing.  :laugh:  (Ok, this one is my doing.)

I had a problem similar to that when I was shipping some items out. Seemed the TSA might be flagging it or customs so it's going around in circles and back to the sender. Was it sent so you pay duty fees or is the factory just sending it out? Thinking it wasn't declared properly when sent.

I would like to ship my diggers out internationally but don't want to run into the same issue with customs. What is ironic is they flag a garden tool but have allowed the majority of fentanyl to be shipped from China into the USA without question!!! Figure that one out.

Epic journey!!,

I'm glad you finally got it!! I think you should name it "Pinky 2"!!🤣👍👍

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Today my replacement Sampson T-handle has arrived from W.W. Manufacturing Company.

Are you going to get a gusset/stiffener welded onto the weak spot?  Seem to recall you did that last time.

That was quite an epic journey.  The stories that shovel could tell...

I exclusevly use a Radius Garden Root Slayer trowel. they have a lifetime guarantee and serrated teeth to cut thru grass wads or small roots. I also carry the full sixe root slayer shovel. It is awesome for chopping thru roots and things and has never failed me or bent prying on boulders.

https://radiusgarden.com/products/root-slayer-trowel

root slayer trowel.jpg

root slayer shovel.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work being preemptive Simon!

Now that you can't use the shovel step's anymore, you can glue a couple neodymium magnets there to check for ferrous, when you dig!👍👍

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

their slogan is The Worlds Toughest Tools.

Check out one of Predator Tools's models.  (I couldn't post an image here since its .webp extension.  I tried opening in Gimp and that didn't like it, either.)  What do you think of their construction?

Predator is associated with (owned by?) George Lesche who devoloped the tools that WW Manufacturing now makes and sells.  Predator tools carry a bit higher pricetag (~20%), but they have extra features (like rivets on their sheaths) which are probably worth it.  I realize you (Phrunt) may not be able to take advantage of their tools (i.e. paying a reasonable price) given that they are a smaller company and AFAIK you can only buy directly from them.