Just a little update on my bent Sampson T-handle situation.  After saying they would send me a replacement it all went silent and they never did get it sent, this is right as the virus was hitting so I put it down to that and didn't contact them again asking for an update, I actually assumed they had to close for a lock down, they did indicate in their previous email that in New Jersey the virus was hitting quite badly.  Well today an email came through with a USPS tracking number as it was just sent. 

There are a few things that very much impress me about this entire process, firstly, I contacted them in November indicating my T handle bent in the first week of use and sent them a photo of it, they replied straight away offering to send me a replacement.  I didn't get this email as it went straight to my junk mail and then was automatically purged a week or two later with me blissfully unaware.   Out of the blue 5 months later they send me a follow up email asking if I would like the replacement shovel as I never replied to their first email asking for my address to send it to.  That's the part that is beyond impressive.  How did my case not get lost in the system and forgotten about.  Even if they did remember they easily had an option of just forgetting about me seeing I never replied and never tried to contact them again and saving them the shipping costs from US to NZ which are horrendous.  The shipping cost will be more than the shovel cost. 

The contacted me right before the lockdowns offering again to send a replacement which I of course accepted once I saw the email this time.  Then the virus strikes and all goes silent, I didn't bother them sending any emails asking if they'd sent it or were going to, the shovel is far less important than the virus mess going on so I just let it go, the virus has done enough carnage in places like NJ than to worry about my little shovel and if they were struggling the last thing I'd want them to do is send me a shovel.

Now they're back at work straight away I get an email with a tracking number saying it's been sent.  This is clearly a company that cares about their customers to an exceptional level.  I wasn't even a problem customer, I was one that would be easy for them to ignore and they didn't.  

So, I will say if you want to buy from a tool manufacturer with excellent customer service WW manufacturing certainly provides that.

http://www.wwmfg.com/

• Like 3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back when I got mine there was no real choice except the original Lesche digging tool. That made decisions like yours lots easier!  Mine works great and apparently will never wear out so that’s it for

I feel I should update this thread, When my Sampson T-handle bent as you may recall I'd only just got it, a couple of weeks from memory and it bent, the Fisher dealer in NZ I purchased it from closed

The Stanley Fatmax multi tool is a perfect alternative to the Lesche if you're in a place without the Lesche available, they're only $14.99 NZD so about 9.50 USD, I picked one up on sale a couple of w

Posted Images

That is awesome service, and I know sometimes we get forgotten about down in this part of the world.  Heck even some local companies aren't that good.  Any good service deserves to be mentioned.

• Like 2

Simon, 

Your shovel is listed under "Nursery  Landscaping  Tools" on their site!   How the heck did you end up there, to get a "detecting" shovel??? 🤯 

My  "Ball Handle" is right next to it! But i got mine from a detecting site!!

"Inquiring minds want to know"😁👍

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Your shovel is listed under "Nursery  Landscaping  Tools" on their site!   How the heck did you end up there, to get a "detecting" shovel??? 🤯

I actually bought mine at the NZ Fisher dealer, at the time when I bought it they were still operating but struggling to sell any detectors as nobody buys Fisher detectors here anymore.  About a week after I bought the shovel they closed down so I couldn't contact them about a warranty claim, I saw the little WW Manufacturing sticker on it so I contacted the manufacturer with a photo just showing them what happened so they know the problem exists if they want to improve the shovel.  That's when they offered to send me a replacement and I missed the email. I was just showing them what happened so they could maybe add an extra brace to make a better stronger shovel.  I didn't expect them to offer to replace it.

• Thanks 1

Ah yes, i remember reading that now!  Interesting that they found them as a supplier! 

Thanks!

Go find us some more silver now!! "Surfer"   (and nuggets)!👍👍

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

My replacement Sampson T-handle has been on it's way for a while now, I thought it was lost in the Covid post like a lot of parcels are then I checked the number again and it's gone from New Jersey where it started, to New York, then a month later back to New Jersey.  Weird.  I don't think it's left the USA yet so that's not the Covid problems with international flights?  The flights from US to NZ are coming as we have found a few virus infected people at the border from USA in our quarantine facilities.  Good to see the tracking number spring back to life though.  Is Postal Product: Priority Mail International Parcels a good service or is it a super slow one?

June 27, 2020, 9:59 pm
Arrived
NEWARK, UNITED STATES
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in NEWARK INTERNATIONAL, NEWARK, UNITED STATES on June 27, 2020 at 9:59 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

May 30, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

May 30, 2020, 10:31 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

May 30, 2020, 10:31 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

May 26, 2020, 4:36 pm
Departed Post Office
BRIDGETON, NJ 08302 

May 26, 2020, 4:11 pm
USPS picked up item
BRIDGETON, NJ 08302 

May 26, 2020, 4:09 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BRIDGETON, NJ 08302 

May 26, 2020, 3:36 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BRIDGETON, NJ 08302 

May 26, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wow, that would be frustrating.  Looks like UPS left it sit in New York for four weeks.  That's just unacceptable.  Priority Mail is supposed to be one of their quicker services and usually is domestically.

At least it's finally at the Newark airport.  That's a big hub for UPS international.

Who knows how many stops it will make on the way to you, but at least it's moving.

• Thanks 1
On 6/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, phrunt said:

Is Postal Product: Priority Mail International Parcels a good service or is it a super slow one?

On 6/28/2020 at 10:37 PM, CmonNow said:

Looks like UPS left it sit in New York for four weeks.

Actually "Priority Mail International Parcels" are part of the United States Postal Service (USPS), not United Parcel Service (UPS).  Two very different companies but easy to mix up.

Here is what a Google Search says (directed to USPS site😞

Priority Mail International® service is a reliable, cost-effective way to send documents and merchandise to more than 190 countries. Priority Mail International offers outstanding value and is priced lower than our competition's published rates for international shipping.

• Average business day delivery of 6 to 10 days. (Average number of days may vary based upon origin and destination.

Simon, you may have suffered from the pandemic side effects or maybe just from poor service.  I had a package make it to my local post office (meaning all they had to do was load it into the delivery vehicle to get to my house) and it sat there 4 days.  Unfortunately these kinds of things happen, and although there is typically no (legitimate!) excuse for it, I also think there isn't much you can do.

Postscript:  actually I didn't put the sad face emoji in this post but apparently the detectorprospector.com website editor did it for me, and appropriately.  It's a lot smarter than I thought!  Steve, maybe there's a new revenue source -- very intelligent editing.  :laugh:  (Ok, this one is my doing.)

• Like 1

I had a problem similar to that when I was shipping some items out. Seemed the TSA might be flagging it or customs so it's going around in circles and back to the sender. Was it sent so you pay duty fees or is the factory just sending it out? Thinking it wasn't declared properly when sent.

I would like to ship my diggers out internationally but don't want to run into the same issue with customs. What is ironic is they flag a garden tool but have allowed the majority of fentanyl to be shipped from China into the USA without question!!! Figure that one out.

Today my replacement Sampson T-handle has arrived from W.W. Manufacturing Company.  You've got to give them credit, I sent an email saying my few week old Samson T-handle bent, they replied quickly saying they're going to replace it for me if I give them my address bypassing the local Fisher dealer who sold it to me as he went bust.  I never got that reply as it went unnoticed straight to my junk email, a few months later they followed up asking if I wanted a replacement as I had not replied..... Who does that? beyond unbelievable.  Either way, I noticed the second attempt in my junk mail and gave them my address.  Then it all went silent as the panemic hit New Jersey where they're located.  Then out of nowhere a month or so later an email saying my replacement was sent.... Then, a couple of months later due to "pandemic" shipping it arrived today!

1014915395_WWManufacturingreplacementt-handle.jpg.0ef6d50faa5ab5ad993669addd940b69.jpg

Pretty incredible service from a small business.  I expected they were some giant corporation with a big factory like the Chinese tool manufacturers pumping them out by the million, but no, just your regular small business.  I found this out with the power of google....  Exceptional service and customer care.

1387890502_WWManufacturing.thumb.jpg.4e8c25d5dca9580ddf4da28b3819c106.jpg

The W.W. Manufacturing Co factory in New Jersey US of A.  You really can't fault their customer service.

• Like 3