Sign in to follow this  
Old Farm Hunter

Anyone Have A Free Metal Detector Headphone Jack Adapter

Hi i'm wondering if anyone has a metal detector headphone jack adapter that they could send me ? just send me a PM and ill give you my address thanks .

from the metal detector headphone jack to the headphone jack

from the big metal detector jack to the small headphone jack

i know there cheap i just thought if someone had a extra laying  they could send me.

Still not clear what you need.  Jack to jack makes no sense.  What size is the plug on the headphones you want to use (big or small) and what size is the jack on the detector you are using (big or small).  From what I can make out you need an adapter that can accommodate a small headphone plug and that can plug into a large headphone jack on the detector, correct?

Better yet, if you have brand/and or model numbers for the headphones and detector you are using that would be ideal because some manufacturers like Whites and Minelab have special wiring considerations to make things work right. 

Finally, note that it will likely cost an individual more in postage to send one to you than it would cost to just buy one online with free shipping or at a local Walmart.  So if I were you, I would at least spring for shipping for whoever volunteers their spare part.  Just a thought.

Ahh 1/4" to small, should be some in a Walmart or if there is a Bestbuy or any place that sells audio stuff.

If your hooking small foam pad type headphones to your detector you may not like the sound, they are usually weak and cords too short. For me that is what I ran into when I tried some on my Tesoro.

You should have headphones with the coil cord so you have flexibility when you set it down to dig and not have them dangling around when swinging. Just my thoughts.

So you are looking for something like this, to plug into a detector with a 1/4” jack so that you can use 1/8” headphones? What detector model do you have? Believe it or not some are stereo and some are mono, so it makes a difference what adapter you use and what headphones. I think when in doubt a stereo to mono adapter usually works.

4D7E1CD8-5E61-4E2C-B81B-CC2A3E48AE4C.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Farm Hunter said:

Hi i'm wondering if anyone has a metal detector headphone jack adapter that they could send me ? just send me a PM and ill give you my address thanks .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Goldgetter
      This setup works great and there's no headphone wires at all! Sound quality is good, head phones are light and comfy, i had to bend them to fit my small head, I usually got to find a happy medium with the volume on the headset and volume on the gold screamer.  Be sure if you get make sure it's the low latency headphones cause there is two different on the link I posted. The right wire took me awhile to find, before I had to two peace it and I don't like having to many connections. I also got a secondary transmitter so I can use regular headphones or just as a back up. 
      Avantree Wireless Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones with Mic, LOW LATENCY Fast Audio aptX Headset
      Avantree Pre-paired aptX LOW LATENCY Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver
      Ugreen Gold Plated 3.5mm 1/8" Male to 6.35mm 1/4" Male TRS Stereo Audio Cable
    • By GB_Amateur
      I've read some things here that confused me, and I checked them out today, finding the source of the confusion.  Sunray makes two sets of Pro Gold headphones:  the 'Originals' and the 'CTX version'.  I have the former.  I've read that you need the CTX version if you want to use them with the Equinox.  (As always, maybe I didn't read the fine print.)
      When I plug my 'Originals' (via a 1/4" female to 3.5 mm male adapter) into the back side of the control module it's as if they aren't connected at all.  Nothing comes through the headphones and the Equinox speaker emits its normal sounds.  Presumably this is what has been reported here.
      However, using the WM-08 wireless module (connected to the headphones with the same adapter) the speaker is bypassed and the sound in the headphones is loud and clear.  In fact it is noticeably louder than with the Garrett MS-2 headphones.  Although I didn't check my White's ProStars, in the past they performed similarly to the MS-2's.  The sound quality doesn't seem quite as clean but the Pro Golds certainly have enough sound quality to work well in the field.  I wonder if the volume difference has to do with impedence matching.
      Anyway, bottom line is don't throw out your Original Pro Golds if you have converted to an Equinox user.
    • By 67GTA
      I was about to pull the trigger on these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VD3M6M3/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza when I read that they are supposed to pair to a device separately. I might be misunderstanding, but it sounded like you would have two earbuds paired separately and work together, or is it one earbud paired to the device and the other earbud connected to the first earbud? I wasn't sure if the Equinox would simultaneously connect to two devices this way. Anyone have any experience with this type of earbud?
    • By garikfox
      I'm looking at the B&Z audio enhancer for the GPX, the one like JP uses.
      Is anyone using a B&Z and what do you think about it?

• By Old Farm Hunter
      anyone know if these are good detecting headphones https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/bounty-hunter-stereo-headphones/0000000203051?Ntt=metal+detecting+headphones&_requestid=2321948 or  do you know of a cheap pair that are good thanks
    • By kac
      My old headphones got all beat up over the summer plowing through the woods so I snagged a pair of Garrett Stow Aways for my Tejon. I was really surprised how good the audio really is on them. They do fit a little tight and are smaller but have a really great range of sound. Now I need to re-learn my sounds.
      Anyways I didn't spend much time out, maybe half hour or so and left the 10x12 coil which kills me in trashy areas but I did get a nice smooth hit on this little 18k rose gold ear ring with a few diamond chips 0.7g.  Was only inch or so deep nothing to brag about.