Anyone Have A Free Metal Detector Headphone Jack Adapter

Still not clear what you need.  Jack to jack makes no sense.  What size is the plug on the headphones you want to use (big or small) and what size is the jack on the detector you are using (big or small).  From what I can make out you need an adapter that can accommodate a small headphone plug and that can plug into a large headphone jack on the detector, correct?

Better yet, if you have brand/and or model numbers for the headphones and detector you are using that would be ideal because some manufacturers like Whites and Minelab have special wiring considerations to make things work right. 

Finally, note that it will likely cost an individual more in postage to send one to you than it would cost to just buy one online with free shipping or at a local Walmart.  So if I were you, I would at least spring for shipping for whoever volunteers their spare part.  Just a thought.

Ahh 1/4" to small, should be some in a Walmart or if there is a Bestbuy or any place that sells audio stuff.

If your hooking small foam pad type headphones to your detector you may not like the sound, they are usually weak and cords too short. For me that is what I ran into when I tried some on my Tesoro.

You should have headphones with the coil cord so you have flexibility when you set it down to dig and not have them dangling around when swinging. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

So you are looking for something like this, to plug into a detector with a 1/4” jack so that you can use 1/8” headphones? What detector model do you have? Believe it or not some are stereo and some are mono, so it makes a difference what adapter you use and what headphones. I think when in doubt a stereo to mono adapter usually works.

4D7E1CD8-5E61-4E2C-B81B-CC2A3E48AE4C.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Farm Hunter said:

Hi i'm wondering if anyone has a metal detector headphone jack adapter that they could send me ? just send me a PM and ill give you my address thanks .