Compadre Vs Vaquero

OK. I have a nice little Compadre with the 5.75" coil. I also have a Vaquero with the 11*8 coil.   Will I benefit having a Concentric coil for my Vaquero or would it be a little bit redundant?  And what coil would you get, as the 5.75" concentric is pretty much unobtainable, for the Vaquero if replacing the coil?

Thanks

There is an 8x9 concentric coil that I think is one of the best out there. Gives you great depth and the scan area is small enough you can hit really trashy areas with it.

I have that and the 10x12 widescan. The 10x12 give just a bit more depth than the 8x11 so they are almost the same.

I have these on my Tejon which is similar to the Vequero but has higher frequency and dual disc. Here is the oddity. When using the 8x9 c i can disc out steel bottle caps below nickels. The larger 10x12 dd those same caps will trim out above ring tabs! No one has been able to answer why that is.

I think the 8x9 c would serve you better as you already have a super small coil on the compadre and would fill the gap between hunting areas.

• 2 weeks later...

The stock Vaquero coil is a 9x8 Concentric.  Do you not have that one?

Thanks!

Walt

1 hour ago, Tag1260 said:

Thanks. I'll have to give one a shot. At least they seem to be obtainable.  Been looking for a 5.75" but even the places that say they have them don't.

Was just checking Tesoro coils on eBay and I believe I saw a 5.75 concentric for the Vaquero 

18 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

Was just checking Tesoro coils on eBay and I believe I saw a 5.75 concentric for the Vaquero 

Thanks but the only thing I see is the 8 ft cable version and I don't know how to shorten it. Also, there's a widescan on there too.

Tag,  there is a  'Tesoro 9X8 metal detector coil' on ebay  presently. Description says it's new and it's a 4 pin. Auction ends Sat. 1 pm. I have one and it is a good match for both the Vaquero and the  Lobo ST.  The Compadre with the 5.75 C has excellent discrimination and  goes fairly deep for it's small footprint, not quite so much with any of the other coils.  Having the 5.75 C for the Vaquero would definitely be redundant, but if you ever find a 5.75 WS grab it.  I find it the best coil on the Lobo ST for nugget hunting a patch and it should do nearly as well on the Vaquero.     To cover large park type areas I use a 3X18 WS on the Vaquero to locate and mark targets then go back to the markers with the Compadre (5.75C) for discriminating and pinpointing.    Coils have different personalities and react somewhat differently depending on the ground and the machine they are attached to. The fun is finding the combinations that fits your needs.

On 10/31/2019 at 12:39 AM, osbod007 said:

Tag,  there is a  'Tesoro 9X8 metal detector coil' on ebay  presently. Description says it's new and it's a 4 pin. Auction ends Sat. 1 pm. I have one and it is a good match for both the Vaquero and the  Lobo ST.  The Compadre with the 5.75 C has excellent discrimination and  goes fairly deep for it's small footprint, not quite so much with any of the other coils.  Having the 5.75 C for the Vaquero would definitely be redundant, but if you ever find a 5.75 WS grab it.  I find it the best coil on the Lobo ST for nugget hunting a patch and it should do nearly as well on the Vaquero.     To cover large park type areas I use a 3X18 WS on the Vaquero to locate and mark targets then go back to the markers with the Compadre (5.75C) for discriminating and pinpointing.    Coils have different personalities and react somewhat differently depending on the ground and the machine they are attached to. The fun is finding the combinations that fits your needs.

I won that coil last week and he sent me a 11 DD instead. I told him I would just keep it.  Mars makes a 7"DD that I have on F44 and it goes as deep as the 11DD. I think there is one for Vaquero on Ebay for $120.