Couple Old Dimes And Ih

Hadn't gone out in a while, weathers been rough and had a miserable cold but snuck out for couple hours and got these. Funny the stupid plastic flashlight was good 6-7" down and not that far away a merc dime on the surface. Next to the merc was the seated an an IH that were bit deeper. Always blows me away when you dig and dig to find something modern yet so many times the old stuff is so shallow.

IMG_0830.JPG

• Like 8

Kac

I’ve been there like you said on old coins. One place I hunted we’ll say some years back it was 30 coins I found with all from 1854 up. It was none over half inch deep and most with just a layer of dirt over them 

Then you dig and dig past 6” to find a modern one newer than a wheat.

When that person lost what you found they truly lost some money and may went back looking for it .

Now days most people won’t bend over to pick it up . But I can assure you I will!

Chuck 

Two of my favorite designs for dimes. Love finding Barbers and Seated. Mercs are nice, but those two scream older!!!  Nice hunt!

Nice finds, wish I could of seen the date on the I.H. better.

You're really doing well lately!  If it weren't for Phrunt hunting that unsearched carnival grounds you'd be running in 1st place.  😁

Any chance that 1900 Barber has an -O mintmark?  The condition looks strong and an -O mintmark would make it worth quite a bit more than silver content value.