Steve Didn't Get It All In Reno Parks!

mn90403

Looks like River Park Campground area where I stayed for a couple of years....

We had one of the homeless guys try to rob my neighbor, i was in my camper and I heard a gunshot--- i grabbed my pistol and came out just in time to see two goons walking fast away from near the walkway.....my buddy George was standing there cool as a cucumber, talking to the police on his cell phone.

I went over and there was a guy laying on the ground moaning and groaning.. i did a quick check for weapons as i saw George give me the thumbs up... i kicked a 16 inch bowie knife (Harbor Freight) away from the guy and asked George what happened... he said the guy swiped him with the knife while he was bent over picking up some poop from his dog. Cut his arm a little,,,, George pulled out his J Frame S&W and had a laser on the guys forehead when he told him not to come back at him..... well he did, and George dropped the laser to his chest and fired.... thats what i had heard.

The guy wasnt blowing bloody foam and looked to me like he was doing way better than he should be,

but that's what happens when you bring a knife to a gunfight....

I loved that area on the Truckee but that element really made it difficult for families and such to use the park.

Steve H. even came over there and gave me some pointers one day and that was fun....

it was kinda funny because i was used to staying away from someone while we hunted---

you know... not get right on top of them.....

till I saw Steve motioning  me over ....and in his quiet manner said, "You know Paul, the reason I came over here was to give you a few pointers and maybe teach you a couple of tricks"... I cracked up because I was trying to uses some etiquette.... we had a good time..

Good ring Michel

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Mitchell, Jeanie had given me the ok to go with you to Reno, while she flew to the Alabama house, but my mother went into the hospital, so I didn't call you. Considering the ordeals you bravely faced, I admit I am kinda glad I didn't go. HH Jim

• Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Paul,

Your story reminds me of a sound I heard near my head near the end of my detecting.  I could have sworn it was a wiz-by even with my headphones on.  It made me look around everywhere to see if someone had taken a shot in my direction at a distance because I didn't hear a shot.

Mitchel

Holy Toyotas and tornadoes...Your luck is a mixed bag.  Yes a 10K gold ring will fade like your did, as it has other alloys that make it harder and last longer. 

Funny thing about your Toyota,  my dad's Sequoia does the same thing and scares the crap out of him on occasion. 

Well glad there was a little gold in the story and hopefully a safe trip home. 

• Thanks 1

Well, I'm back from the meeting and Chris showed a lot of pictures I had never seen.  He had some of a red tractor pushing dirt in Rye Patch!  There were others also but I'm going to a Yuba River claim tomorrow.

At the meeting someone told me that the ring has a palm tree on it.  You can see it in my picture but it is upside down.  haha

Now I know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, phrunt said:

holy cows, makes my adventures seem placid, I did slide a bit on some loose gravel and could of fallen over while detecting today.  It's a risky game.  Good going on the ring and thanks for taking us along for the ride with the story and pictures.

There is always 'more to it' than just finding a nice ring.  haha  Most of the time I don't tell it.

Nice Mitchel, would that red tractor be the 1 sitting out front of my trailer here at Gold Diggers @ Rye Patch ??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well, I'm back from the meeting and Chris showed a lot of pictures I had never seen.  He had some of a red tractor pushing dirt in Rye Patch!  There were others also but I'm going to a Yuba River claim tomorrow.

At the meeting someone told me that the ring has a palm tree on it.  You can see it in my picture but it is upside down.  haha

Now I know.

The antique red dozer was pushing at Rye Patch years back and getting plenty good gold.   I can't remember what issue,  but it was on the front cover of ICMJ magazine.  Those guys doing it would work a few days,  grab the gravy gold and then head back home to their regular jobs and family.   As soon as they left the locals would show up and clean up the smaller ones with VLFs.  It was a win win for everyone and kept the locals happy.  Oh well... nothing wrong with sharing a little gold.   On a side note,  a couple of those guys will be down at Rye Patch swinging next week. 

Glad you were able to learn some history of RP and had a safe trip home. 

• Like 1