Hello From S. FloridađŸŒŠâ›±

Joe D.

Hello all,

I have now been on here a few months, and am very much enjoying everyone's information and humor!

First a disclaimer: I tend to use alot of exclamation points when i post, so don't think I'm yelling at any of you! I just like them more than periods!  Besides, Steve prohibits yell posting!

I am a born and raised South Florida native, and 3+ year's retired!   I started detecting back when i was in high school!  And unfortunately stopped a few years later, when cars, girls, and life, took over!  I picked it up again in 2015, when my wife and kids were no longer taking over! (Yes; I'm still married)!  I'm all in on detecting now, even though i missed some good years! The only other forum i have followed and posted on before this, is "The Treasure Beaches Report"!  (Still read every day)!  And I'm just happy to be here;  learning from, and posting with, all of you! đŸ‡ș🇾

My first detector, circa 1980 👍

(still have it)👍👍

20191122_204831.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome, Joe!  You and I have a lot in common -- just recently retired, started detecting in early life (my last detector of that part of my life was a Garrett GroundHog which I bought in 1979), lost ~35 years of opportunities and came back to the hobby in 2015.

I see you already have over 100 posts and likes (some of the latter are probably from me 😄) so please keep up the good posting.  This time of year a lot of us envy you for being in FL, well, at least the weather part, not the crowded streets, highways, and beaches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks GB,

Yes, some are from you!  And you are on my  "follow" list!đŸ€Ł

I've been enjoying all the people and information here! And the variety of subjects is great! My interests, and learning has greatly increased!  Steve is doing a great job operating and policing the forum! I don't know how he finds enough hours in the day!đŸ€Ż

Keep the post's coming, and I'll do the same!👍

• Like 1