Simplex Price Is Already Low - What Will A Used Simplex Sell For?

The Nokta/Makro Simplex+ is an amazing value at $254 new with warranty. This means hordes of people are going to just buy to try. This also means lots will get sold used with minimal use. It happens with every new model, and I don’t expect anything different with Simplex+. Due to the super low price I have to think the buy and try crowd will be larger than ever.

The Simplex+ has that fabulous two year transferable warranty. It is a certainty that you will be able to buy these used with at least 18 months remaining warranty in the next few months.

Since the machine new and unused is only $254 how much would you have to sell it for used to get some interest? Especially if others are selling? I’m guessing $199. Any more than that, may as well get one new in the box.

Patience grasshopper! :smile:
Nokta/Makro Simplex+ Data & Specifications

nokta-makro-simplex-underwater-wireless-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 2

Add to that the cost of shipping and you can knock off another 30 to 40 bucks with packaging, Insurance and Signature Confirmation. So that brings it down to around 160 dollars you may realize on your return investment.

Can’t wait! Lol!

Don't doubt that we'll see some for $175.  Heck at that price I'd be tempted, although already having a Multi Kruzer would make it kind of redundant, still would be fun to play with.

If pass the warranty the value of the Simplex couldn’t be more than half at that point. 

The Simplex price is getting like a lot of electronics when something goes wrong you trash it . It’s just not worth the cost to fix it .

Chuck 

We are talking a waterproof detector with rechargeable battery and wireless built in for less money than I have paid for some detector coils! I still find that stunningly amazing and find the ho hum responses of people on some forums just as amazing to me. I guess they simply have not been in this game long enough to realize how long it was that we kept getting charged more, then more, then more for detectors. Just the opposite of all other consumer electronic devices. The Minelab GPZ 7000 was introduced at $9,999!!!!! Just three years ago a Fisher F75 Ltd was $1099... now it’s $699. How long will that last?

Finally that dam has burst and we now have true price competition. That’s what really makes Simplex+ a ground breaking detector. It’s just a great performing VLF like dozens of others, that’s not what it’s all about. It’s the feature list and price that is stunning... to me at least. People keep comparing it to detectors costing two or three times more. Get real. Look at what else you can get right now for under $300:

Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro $256

Garrett Ace 300 $254

Fisher F4 $299

Minelab X-Terra 305  $259

Teknetics Gamma 6000 $299

White’s Treasuremaster $279

• Like 5

This is my first time ever buying a low cost detector. My reasoning behind stepping down to the Simplex is where can I buy a detector that offers so much for so little out of the pocket.

All that list of lower price detectors I never gave a second look. I always wanted more from a detector than just turn on and go.

My statement above about stepping down is only true in price on the Simplex but not true in what it has to offer. This is why I have a Simplex on order now.

I guess you could say that I may need a attitude adjustment on lots of things but it won’t happen overnight.

Chuck 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 11:38 AM, phrunt said:

Well if it slows sales of over priced detectors things may change.  The only way to resolve the high prices is to stop buying them, soon enough they'll lower the price...  The Simplex is priced low enough I doubt many people will sell, even if they just bought it to try it out they'll keep it for a spare or loaner.   It'd be nice to have a detector you can treat rough, take it anywhere and not overly worry about destroying an expensive machine.  Take it up creeks and rivers and on hikes and not care about getting it wet.... An all rounder. 

Good point and my feelings exactly. It’s low price point is what made me break my promise to my wife about not “needing” another detector. Lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1